The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for a used car. My 2005 Rendezvous is already giving me such a headache. I have a 2008 Town and Country which is fantastic. I am looking at a 2007 Pacifica Siganature Series. It has around 25000 Miles on it and it is AWD with the 4.0 Liter engine. It is fully loaded with navigation and rear dvd. They are asking $19000 should I buy it?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is that the same 4.0 they put in the Jeeps? If so , that is a great motor. I just sold my 1998 Wrangler with that motor in it to buy a Town&country van. I had 154k miles and the motor was still as strong as new. Actually, better because I installed Borla header and exhaust system. When shopping I considered the pacifica. Lots of luxury options, nice looking interior. Dont really care for the exterior styling, though. Decided on the van because it will be easier with our 3 kids. Good luck!

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
Is that the same 4.0 they put in the Jeeps? If so , that is a great motor. I just sold my 1998 Wrangler with that motor in it to buy a Town&country van. I had 154k miles and the motor was still as strong as new. Actually, better because I installed Borla header and exhaust system. When shopping I considered the pacifica. Lots of luxury options, nice looking interior. Dont really care for the exterior styling, though. Decided on the van because it will be easier with our 3 kids. Good luck!
It's the 4.0L SOHC 24 valve V6, based on the 3.5 SOHC, that's in the 5th gen minivan's. It's a great engine. Powerful, yet decently fuel efficient.

Anywho, pacifica's are nice and have seemed to be reliable. I've always liked their styling and wanted one. 19,000 is only 100 above bluebook according to kbb.com...Not surprising. :lol: Give it a test drive and see how you like it and if you do, then get it!!

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
My boss at work had an 03 Grand Caravan EX. He traded it for a 07 Pacifica. He loves it. They are usually a very reliable vehicle. I'd say go for it! He says if I'd drive his I'd throw rocks at both my vans...

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
If you're not necessarily looking for maximum utility, it'd be a great vehicle. I briefly looked at one before we bought our '07 van, and they're nice, but just don't offer the family-friendly features the van does. They're in two different vehicle classes, really. The Pacifica is a station wagon and the minivan is a van. It's hard to compare them straight up because they're really apples and oranges.

The Pacifica does share a very similar front suspension design as our vans, and you see reports of them on the internet going through sway bar bushings and links like our vans do. So they may share the same common and cheap-to-fix problems. The 41TE transaxle is also the same.

·
Super Moderator
26,667 Posts
The question, re Pacifica, has been asked before. One of our Moderators, DSLVMR, has one.

Here's some info.

For more, just do a search here using "Pacifica" as it gets discussed from time to time on this site.

Here's the MSN Autos site that gives price information as well.
2008 Pacifica User Reviews 8.2 Overall Rating

8.5 Styling
8.7 Performance
8.4 Interior
7.5 Quality
8.0 Recommendation

·
2,926 Posts
Was there ever a decision? :ask_wsign

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Base pacifica that I bought new and now has 85K miles. Only issue I had was a rear wheel bearing and brakes. I traded a 2005 Pacific ( identical except for color) that I also bought new and had 53K on when I traded. I don't know why Chrysler quit them, but it was a big mistake I think. Handles and drives great and I tow double snowmobile trailer in the winter. No need for the all wheel. The 4.0 is an off shoot of the 3.8, not the 3.5 and should be bullet proof like the 3.8. Except for normal wear and tear and things that always wear out ( plugs, O2 sensors, struts, etc.,) i expect to be driving this car till it reaches 200K or more. I still get questions and comments on this vehicle. Milage is checked almost every fill-up and has always been 19.8 - 23.1. Mostly around 21.8 and I drive 40 miles each way to work 5 days. LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!! - If that one drives and looks great, buy it, or let me know where it is and I'll look at it.

·
2,926 Posts
The 4.0 is an off shoot of the 3.8, not the 3.5 and should be bullet proof like the 3.8.
The 4.0 is a bored/stroked 3.5L SOHC V6. The 1st gen 3.5 is a descendant of the 3.3/3.8 with different heads and a redesigned block (3.5 is SOHC whereas 3.3/3.8 is pushrod.) but similar bottom end but was then redesigned in all aluminum THEN the 4.0 was created from that.

Reactions: Jeepman and jgbat

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
The 4.0 is a bored/stroked 3.5L SOHC V6. The 1st gen 3.5 is a descendant of the 3.3/3.8 with different heads and a redesigned block (3.5 is SOHC whereas 3.3/3.8 is pushrod.) but similar bottom end but was then redesigned in all aluminum THEN the 4.0 was created from that.
Exactly. :)

Reactions: Jeepman

·
Super Moderator
26,667 Posts
The Pacifica is a fine looking vehicle. Gets my attention every time I see one go by. I do prefer having a timing chain to having a timing belt though (3.3L, 3.8L versus 4.0L).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts