The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....newby faber, tradesman, has anyone ever ventured so far as to slam and bag their van?

I have some extensive and radical ideas, just curious if anyone out there has attempted said foolishness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was asked to introduce....name is Cody....08 chrysler t&c, 285000km, looking to modify majorly....air bags, slamming, hemi on a full frame custom awd drive train, possibly cut out form a box and single cab like the old vw single cab vans, (love those love the look), would it be expensive? Sure, but I’m a pretty good fit guy so it would be fun.... and if I really didn’t like it in the end...put another body on it

·
Registered
587 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s still in concept, but I have tough sketches that make it look alright, I don’t like the rampage so much, but turning my concept towards the 60’s vw single or double cabs

·
3rd Gen Plebeian
410 Posts
Yall have it easy, with coil springs in the rear. Ive been brainstorming how to bag my rear axle, since they put leafsprings on the 3rd gen I think I have to build a 3 bar suspension, with a watts-link to center it, and cantilevers to link the axle to coilovers between the frame.
I thought I saw a few 5th gens that were bagged, there are a lot of Odysseys and Siennas on youtube bagged especially.

Easiest route would be to call up Eibach and order some drop springs. If that isnt enough, you could spend a few thousand dollars and either get coilovers made, airbags put in, or both. I think Ground-Control does custom coilovers if you can mail them in a set of stock struts and the basic measurements/weights you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts