The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 DGC SXT. The power sliding doors will open and close using the key fob and the buttons in the overhead console.

They will not, however, work by pushing the buttons located near the doors, behind the front seats on both sides. Last week, they both worked- this week, both do not work. If it was just one of them, I would think it was just a bad switch...

I tried 2 things: removed the IOD fuse for a while, let everything reset, didn't work. Tried removing the neg battery cable for a while, same result.

Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
I recall some people accidentally push the lock button that prevents the rear buttons from working? I've never looked at the 4th gens, but there's a lock out switch for the rears located by the front switches?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recall some people accidentally push the lock button that prevents the rear buttons from working? I've never looked at the 4th gens, but there's a lock out switch for the rears located by the front switches?
Thank you andyg, I feel like an idiot...

·
Registered
356 Posts
Its ok to feel like an idiot, which I do more than I would like. Don't care to look like one though!

Been there, done that. Lots of folks find out this way what that darned switch is for.

Don

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
Don't feel like an idiot. Here is a couple of reasons why.

My Dad drove our 03 to the beach when we had just recently purchased it. Brought it back to me after the trip and said 'Boy that is a nice van. It will fly. The button for the power door quit working. I'm sorry that happened, take it and have it fixed and bring me the bill.' I got in the van, pushed the overhead button and it worked. Found the 'on/off' button, turned it on, and the side button was working again.

Fast forward to a few years later and me working at a dealership. If I had a nickel for every time someone stopped by the dealership with this exact same issue I could by a McDouble at McDonalds. It don't happen very often, but it happens enough. You are far from the only one to do this.

·
Vendor
1,105 Posts
Yea, there are several posts here asking the same question. Don't feel too bad.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I also have an intermittent problem with the interior switches operating the passenger sliding doors. In my case the overhead door on/off button for the rear switches is definitely on. It seems to occur whenever the doors are locked automatically at 10 mph. If I attempt to use the B pilar switch to open the door, nothing happens. The driver's side works fine. Even if I unlock the doors first, the switch still will not activate the passenger door. The overhead console switch always seems to work. It also seems that if I open the passenger front door, the interior switches start to work again. The key fob remote always works. Any ideas? Is there a way to test the BCM? The van is a 2007 T&C.

·
MOPAR Parts & Service Pro
3,052 Posts
I also have an intermittent problem with the interior switches operating the passenger sliding doors. In my case the overhead door on/off button for the rear switches is definitely on. It seems to occur whenever the doors are locked automatically at 10 mph. If I attempt to use the B pilar switch to open the door, nothing happens. The driver's side works fine. Even if I unlock the doors first, the switch still will not activate the passenger door. The overhead console switch always seems to work. It also seems that if I open the passenger front door, the interior switches start to work again. The key fob remote always works. Any ideas? Is there a way to test the BCM? The van is a 2007 T&C.
Your 07 don't have a BCM. All that is controlled by the PCM. There may be a flash (software update) for the PCM to address this issue. If you've not had it back to the dealer in a while, a trip to have the lastest software installed in the PCM may prove very helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this same issue on a 2008 dodge grand caravan, this master lock is on but still nothing to either door, does anyone have any clues

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes but only by front buttons not the ones by door, im getting nothing there, u wouldn't happen to know which relay its wired into would ya, I can't find any info electrical wise as to were those or the foot adjuster draw power from

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
I don't have a schematic or experience with them.

So they will open and close with your front buttons? But not the back buttons where a kid can escape...
Check the overhead console if you have one, I think there is a kid lock-out up there.

Let us know what you find and how you fix your mini. It may help someone in the same situation some day.

Cheers and Welcome Bill P.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Sorry, I just noticed that was what this post was about, the upper lock button.
I don't read the previous posts when I see a zombie thread resurrected so close to Halloween....

·
Registered
2014 Town and Country Touring with entertainment pkg
4 Posts
Okay, so is mien a fuse problem then? The master button is in the on position on my overhead console. fob unlocks the doors and locks them. But neither the fob or the buttons for the doors mvoe. When I bought the van from a dealer a few days ago it worked. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts