The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help please from anyone who has changed their sliding door lock actuator or exterior door handle.

The cable that goes to the exterior door handle is not allowing my door to shut completely under power. It will shut manually but not with power. It seems to not allow the rear latch to engage and pull the door shut.

This started happening after replacing the door lock actuator. It's a 2016 passenger sliding door.

Short videos of what it's doing:
Not closing view outside

Not closing inside view

Closes cometely when I remove this exterior door handle cable

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've got an 07 but have replaced actuators and latches on the rear sliders. You may have fixed it by now, but on the 07 there are 3 seperate cables. Each one has there own adjustment just like cable actuated brakes on a bicycle or motorcycle or atv. The cable itself looks to be too tight and not enough slack to allow the latch to, well, latch.

Maybe you got it working by now, if you did let us know what it was.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got an 07 but have replaced actuators and latches on the rear sliders. You may have fixed it by now, but on the 07 there are 3 seperate cables. Each one has there own adjustment just like cable actuated brakes on a bicycle or motorcycle or atv. The cable itself looks to be too tight and not enough slack to allow the latch to, well, latch.

Maybe you got it working by now, if you did let us know what it was.
Hey thanks for Reply. I'm almost positive the cable is too tight. I haven't had the time to tear it down again since the wife drives it everyday.

Hoping maybe this weekend to open it back up andess with those cables.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts