The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
Just purchased a used 2017 Pacifica in Dec 2019. It's got 45K and I'm getting an code come up saying Small evap leak. Now that usually means gas cap, but as many know Chry Pacifica's (2017) do not have gas caps.

Seems to me this shouldn't be happening at this stage. Has anyone else experienced this? What's the fix? I don't imagine this costing a lot but I'm not sure.

·
Super Moderator
22,869 Posts
They say:
There is no fuel filler cap. A flapper door inside the pipe seals the system.
and then they say:

To avoid fuel spillage and overfilling, do not "top off" the fuel tank after filling.
In certain cold conditions, ice may prevent the fuel filler door from opening. If this occurs, lightly push on the fuel filler door around the perimeter to break the ice build up.
Is it possible that any moisture got inside to the flapper door?

The fix may be to clear the code and see if it comes back. Could be a glitch. Disconnect the negative battery cable for 10 minutes and then reconnect, to reboot the computers OR disconnect the negative cable, touch the negative cable against the positive post, and then reconnect, a little faster way..

Has any work been done on the van that may have affected the emissions system?

·
Super Moderator
6,252 Posts
Both my Caliber and our Caravan have suffered from this. They both fixed themselves, so not sure what the issue actually was.

(I tried replacing the fuel cap but that didn't help)

It's always happened after a decent temperature change, so I just chalked it up to that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts