The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately, the only way to check the spare tire’s pressure is to lower the spare tire and check it manually. It is also a great time to lubricant the clamps that hold the tire to the cable.
I checked my spare and it was only 20 psi ( should be 60). The clamps were seized and took a lot of work to get the tire off.
glad I did this on a beautiful sunny day, in my yard as opposed to some rainy night on the side of the road.

·
Registered
2008 Dodge GC SXT, 3.8L 2020 Dodge GC SXT Blacktop 3.6L 328 miles
273 Posts
Funny about spare tires. I have one on my 2008 that I have never used. I let it down a couple of times just to check it.
Now I have a 2020 that doesn't have a spare, and I wish it did. I remember back in the 80's people were giving away the donut spares and putting "real" tires in their trunks. Now it seems like a donut costs more than a "real" tire if you can find one. I have a jack that I put in my 2020 so at least I might be able to plug a tire if I get a nail.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,474 Posts
My 2022 Chrysler GC has a spare, back left, behind a panel. It’s one of those uninflated tires. There is an air compressor to blow it up to use and, to remove the air to store it back in the cubby hole.
Yours is a 6th generation van, it's a rebadged Chrysler Pacifica/Voyager, we don't get those in the US.

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,297 Posts
I cut a window in the spare basket to access the fill port. Also put a plastic push pin through the wheel into a hole on the basket to keep it from rotating away from the hole while winching.

Reactions: R3v $teve

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
581 Posts
With the advent of cell phones, a "spare" is both a deathwish (changing a spare can get you killed), and obsolete. Unless you live or drive in remote areas,.not serviced by tow trucks or AAA. I tell my family to drive it to a safe area, where you can get cell service and call for help. Destroy the tire/wheel if you have to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts