The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need stowngo and an adjustable 2nd row of seats so going back in time to 2019 DGC. Cars on lots dont have spares but appear to have the hole for the apparatus ( and it is in the manuals). Can I use the tool and mount and even spare tire and wheel from our 2011 T&C or is there model specificity? Is it something best put on by a shop if one doesnt have a lift

Thanks

Stowngo88

·
Registered
814 Posts
A repair shop once put my full size spare under there. I noticed on the way home. I had to turn around, go back, and have them take it down and put it in the back of the van. If that fit there then i would think the 2011 compact spare would fit too.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
The answer is most likely no, not from your 2011 anyway. The mechanism and hole and most things are there on the 19, but be aware that in late 2012 Chrysler added the optional HD brakes, which were an option until 2014 when they became standard. A van with the small LD brakes will have a 16" spare that will not fit your 2019 caravan, your van needs a 17" spare to fit under those brakes. You can check the tire pressure placard when you open the driver side door on your 2011, it will say the factory wheel size and the factory spare size, which will be left blank on your 2019.

Plenty people have added the spare to their newer vans. Just make sure it's a 17" spare not a 16". The rest of the parts should be there already

1 - 4 of 4 Posts