The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 95 caravan and I got it from my father in law. the van has a new block about 3000 miles on it. i replaced the head since the other was warped. all is well there. i set the timing belt started her up all is fine. put everything back together and all it wants to do is stall. I have to remove the pcv valve in order for it to run (high idle) I have replaced the TPS, AIS, MAP, PCV valve, fuel pump, Fuel Filter, Plugs, Wires, distributor cap and rotor, ignition coil, has all new belts, and new water pump. So i start it up and it shuts off. remove the pcv valve and hard to keep running but better until warm then idles high but dosent stall unless i hook up the pvc valve. I have also checked for vacuum leaks and found nothing. HELP ME PLEASE!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I finally figured it out and to share with all of you it was the fuel pressure regulator. I tested it by clamping the return fuel line which puts more pressure to the regulator and the van ran fine. I the clamp off and van shut down. new regulator and all is fixed.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Sorry no one could lead you in a direction, but thanks for posting the fix. Never know when someone will have the same problem and you helped them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts