The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I just replaced the starter on my '08 Town & Country (3.8L).
Everything went well, except that the plastic portion of the spade connector that provides the start signal broke into several pieces when I took it off the old starter. I was able to reconnect to the new starter, but it doesn't lock on there now and I fear that it will wiggle loose over time. (This will undoubtedly happen when my wife is driving the van and I am at work.) The connector is made by AMP, but I cannot locate a part number anywhere. Alldata was no help.
Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,297 Posts
You can find connector repair kit part numbers here: http://connectors.dcctools.com/home.htm

Based on that site the kit you need is Mopar part number 5019927AA.

You can buy one from your dealer, online Mopar parts sites, and sites such as ebay and Amazon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can find connector repair kit part numbers here: Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Based on that site the kit you need is Mopar part number 5019927AA.

You can buy one from your dealer, online Mopar parts sites, and sites such as ebay and Amazon.
I have the same problem that you responded to above titled: Starter Solenoid Connector. Our old Town and Country is a 2010 and I'm wondering if the part number is the same as for the earlier year above.

If you and others are still tracking these posts please let me know if you know or can determine the correct Mopar part number as I cannot figure out how to determine that here: Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Thank you!

Robert

1 - 3 of 3 Posts