The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am having an issue with my '02 TC (131,000 miles)...I have a click/pop noise in the steering column that I can feel in the wheel when driving at any speed. It does not seem to be associated with anything else (like bumps, or turning). It just seems to happen randomly.

There appears to be a TSB on this (#1900303) and it seems to be fairly common. But I cannot find anything pointing to a solution.

Is there a fix for this? Is it a problem that will affect safety?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So you're just driving along and suddenly there's a pop in the steering column, completely unrelated to pavement artifacts?

Have to consider the usual suspects: sway bar bushings, upper strut mounts, sway bar links

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,

I am having an issue with my '02 TC (131,000 miles)...I have a click/pop noise in the steering column that I can feel in the wheel when driving at any speed. It does not seem to be associated with anything else (like bumps, or turning). It just seems to happen randomly.

There appears to be a TSB on this (#1900303) and it seems to be fairly common. But I cannot find anything pointing to a solution.

Is there a fix for this? Is it a problem that will affect safety?
Does it seem to come from either the left or the right? Could be the start of a cv joint going. See if it gets louder/distinctive and if it happens when doing an extreme right or left turn at a slow speed.

·
Super Moderator
2,131 Posts
The TSB refers to adding shims from a kit. It is not a safety issue, just an annoyance.
For the fourth gen it only applies to 2001-2002 models.

05083383AA parts kit consists of:
wave washer
snap ring
shim
miller special tool, installer, snbap ring
tilt head housing, assembly

1 - 4 of 4 Posts