The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm new, so my apologies if this has already been covered:

The power door lock on the passenger sliding door has been sticking. Using the central locking function, the lock will only half-engage: not fully locking and not fully unlocking. A couple of pushes on the central lock button up or down will do the trick (same with the button the key), but the lock no longer moves all the way up or down on the first try. The cold has exacerbated the problem, so I'm thinking maybe the mechanism just might need some lube?

Anyway, your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Funny, i had the same problem in my MIL's 2006 SXT -- and same door -- passanger slider.

Silicone spray helped for a bit -- I'd recommend trying this first. But I ended up replacing the lock electric actuator, which solved the problem. The repair wasn't difficult -- there a a great how-to on this forum (with pics). I got a replacement at a boneyard, so it wasn't expensive -- probably a bit pricier from dealer. The replacement was from I thinkg an '01, and fit properly though it was a bit different design -- so I think the overall mechanism has been standard for a while. Sorry I don't have the part number.

See:
http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=9113

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks sapp41. I was hoping to avoid that, but I suspect you're right. And thanks for the link!

·
1000 Post Club Member
1,985 Posts
The in door solenoid sounds like its getting weak and worn.Much like the solenoids that operate pinball machine bumpers and flippers,when they get weak,they barely move with little or no strength or force behind it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts