The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this problem nearly since I've owned this van. The trouble light will prop on randomly, and stay on for random lengths of time, but usually resets when the engine is restarted, overnight, etc.

Sadly, I had the same problem with my old 2005. On the old van, it was always a speed sensor, and instead of the "skidding car", I had the ABS/Traction off .

If this is a speed sensor, as with my old van, I hope it's not as difficult to fix. The problem I ran into before is that virtually no average reader could see the faulty sensor. This leaves me having to go to the dealer. Not only more costly and a pain, but also useless unless the light is still on when you get to the dealer.

Is this problem a speed sensor? If so, how do I locate which sensor is bad?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
AlfaOBD and a OBDlink MX+ will cost you as much as getting it fixed at the dealer, but you'd be able to see the code and find out what your problem is. Your hunch that it's a speed sensor is likely correct, but you need the codes to tell for sure.

Reactions: Cindycreator

·
Registered
3 x Grand Voyagers - 2008 LX 3.8 petrol. 2008 Limited 2.8 Diesel, 2009 Limited 2.8 Diesel
141 Posts
Are you wanting to keep the van and do you have access to a laptop - if so, may I suggest you investigate Appcar DiagFCA. A faulty clock spring will pull some of those lights but I can never remember what they are called and I am away from my van

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
AlfaOBD and DiagFCA do the same things, just AlfaOBD is a buy it once license while DiagFCA is buy it for every car you use it on. So if you ever hook to a second car, AlfaOBD is cheaper. They also have a laptop and mobile version. DiagFCA is laptop only.

Reactions: Cindycreator

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlfaOBD and DiagFCA do the same things, just AlfaOBD is a buy it once license while DiagFCA is buy it for every car you use it on. So if you ever hook to a second car, AlfaOBD is cheaper. They also have a laptop and mobile version. DiagFCA is laptop only.
Looking into this. Things have changed since I bought that 10 dollar bluetooth adapter and used "Torque" on my old phone with my old T&C

It looks like this software is $50, but having trouble finding the lowest cost adapter and/or one that will surely work with it. I think I'm going to want to use it with my laptop, and so a USB adapter may be best. Anyone link me on this? thank you!

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts

·
Registered
2017 DGC SXT
374 Posts
I have used alfaOBD before. I bought a super cheap Bluetooth adapter from Amazon but it works (only needed to use it once that’s why I bought cheap). The brand is Veepak. It’s a blue adapter and costs like $15 or so. If you go for the ultra cheap $7-9 dollar ones they don’t work (I’ve tried it).

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
I've heard of them before... And you misspelled it. It's Veepeak.

@Rupert2 used the BLE. Is that the model you used?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts