The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
I opted for some "real" mudflaps instead of the "looks only" Mopar units.
These Rally Armor flaps actually keep road spray off the van, which means I can keep my black van clean much easier.
Wheel Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

·
Registered
722 Posts
My wife wouldn’t go for those, sadly. Is that an Acclaim or Spirit I see? Based on the taillight I would guess Acclaim.
My wife loves them, it keeps me from being out cleaning the van all the time because they actually work unlike the factory units.

It was a 95 Acclaim I gave $100 for it, drove it til the 2.5L launched a rocker, then swapped in a modded 3.0/4-speed auto.
Wheel Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thats awesome, I had a 1991 as my first car, it was silver, 2.5L and I loved the damn thing. There were turbo models of the same car, not sure if those were good or not but heck I would love to find one stashed away somewhere today and drive it.
I've always preferred the 3.0 in them personally. I know they came in the Turbo models, but the Turbo engines are finicky and only make 10hp more than the 3.0. I usually mod the 3.0s, which take very well to simple stuff. I opened up 32hp/23ft-lbs with a simple intake, 52mm TB, ported plenum, and full exhaust, which puts it at 173hp/194ft-lbs and made it quite fun to rip around in.
Prior to that one, I had another 95 that I built a high comp 3.0 for and mated it to an A543/568 hybrid manual. It was obnoxiously fast, raw, and loud.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Blue Motorcycle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

1 - 3 of 3 Posts