The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, T&C 2015 120,000 Miles, amazing car, my regular Maintenace is tire rotation/balance and oil change.

86.000 - New Battery
102.000 - Rotor/Brake Pads
110.000 - Thermostat Housing
120,000 I asked to check the transition fluid, mechanical said it is low and recommended changing it, OK please do that and change the spark plugs too.

After a few days, I got the P0740, and the car is still running like a charm, I read a lot of threads about the P0740, so I am here to ask for some information about where I need to start.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Most likely caused by not changing the fluid at the proper 60k intervals combined with your mechanic likely using the wrong fluid.

Unfortunately, the latter will cost you a $4500 transmission replacement...

· Registered
40 Posts
Is the suggested repair the Variable Force Solenoid (VFS)? If so, I would consider replacing the torque converter and front pump before you go searching for VFS or valve body issues. Make sure your pan magnet is not covered in clutch material and debris. If it is, then you will prolly need a valve body overhaul, etc.

· Registered
452 Posts
Was the trans fluid change a pan drop and filter replace? Invoice should list filter and trans fluid used (atf+4) and amount (5-6 qts).

· Super Moderator
30,425 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts