The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The El Paso community was struck by a heinous and senseless act of violence today. Our hearts go out to the victims of this horrific shooting and to the entire community in this time of loss. As such, it is fitting that flags should be lowered immediately to half-staff in memory of those who lost their lives.
Therefore, pursuant to Chapter 3100 of the Texas Government Code, I direct the Texas flag be immediately lowered to half-staff statewide on Saturday, August 3, 2019, in memory of those who lost their lives. Flags should remain at half-staff through sunset on Thursday, August 8, 2019. Flags should be returned to full-staff on the following day.
Individuals, businesses, municipalities, counties, and other political subdivisions and entities are encouraged to fly their flags at half-staff for the same length of time as a sign of honor and respect.
The First Lady and I extend our prayers of comfort to the survivors and the families of the victims and we will continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers.
Respectfully,
Greg Abbott
Governor

JH/gsd

Then, another shooting in Dayton Ohio.

Nine people are dead after a shooting in Dayton, Ohio, according to police. Dayton Police say the suspect also is dead. At least 26 other people were injured in the incident that took place within 13 hours of a shooting that left 20 dead in El Paso, Texas.

The Dayton shooting took place around 1 a.m. on East 5th Street in the city's Oregon District, a popular downtown area, Dayton Deputy Director and Assistant Chief of Police Lt. Col. Matt Carper told reporters early Sunday morning.

The suspect, who was shot and killed by responding officers, has not yet been identified. Carper said the shooter fired multiple rounds from a "long gun." The shooting happened as the suspect was making his way toward a bar called Ned Peppers, Montgomery County Emergency Services spokeswoman Deb Decker said.

The shooter wore body armor, Decker said.

No officers were injured in the confrontation, Carper said.[/QUOTE[

·
Super Moderator
21,594 Posts
Sad, very sad, and somewhat preventable.

New Zealand was swift to ban most semiautomatic weapons and assault rifles in their country, in April, after 50 people were killed: https://www.vox.com/2019/4/10/18304415/new-zealand-gun-control-mosque-shootings-assault-weapons-ban

Every bit helps, but little consolation to those already directly affected by the incident, including the first responders.

Some beauty has left the world, in the blink of an eye, and things will never be the same.

The flags flying at half mast should be a reminder of a situation that shouldn't be. God bless those impacted by these tragedies.

Thanks for posting LEVY.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe banning would help, look at what is happening in Mexico.

Average person can not even have a small caliber gun, let alone automatic.

Bad guys will have weapons, regardless.

Arms on above image were confiscated in Mexico.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too long ago, I went to a yard sale in Texas.

While looking around, the owner of the property, a very nice old lady asked if I was interested on buying a gun, I answered yes and wanted to see it.

She instructed me to go around to the alley and into her garage and talk to her son.

I was amazed of what I saw there, a couple of tables full of guns, rifles and ammo.

Two guys were there drinking (yes, drinking alcohol).

Most weapons were new.

The guy (son of the old lady), told me that he was a registered gun collector and could sell me any weapon or ammunition I wanted, no ID required. He could order it for me if needed.

So, I guess there is an intentional loophole in the system.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
The guy (son of the old lady), told me that he was a registered gun collector and could sell me any weapon or ammunition I wanted, no ID required. He could order it for me if needed.
Multiply this by the thousands and then go to ban it if you can...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Wire tree guy
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing