The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I found that you can sometimes clear mysterious electrical malfunctions by simply disconnecting the battery for several minutes.

Yesterday I couldn't disarm my alarm for NADA and at the same time, the door locks were malfunctioning.

Note that I had not had ANY previous problems at all.

Once I disconnected the battery and waited 5 minutes then reconnected the battery, it is now back to normal.
My van sometimes gets long periods of rest between long distance excursions and sometimes the battery has gotten low
before I connected a battery charger to it. It's possible these voltage fluctuations caused the problem.

This has been mentioned B4, but it may be buried deep in the forum somewhere and someone may need it very soon.

Hope this helps someone.

Oh..don't forget to ALWAYS carry at LEAST a pair of pliers, a flat and a Phillips screwdriver with you.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yesterday I found that you can sometimes clear mysterious electrical malfunctions by simply disconnecting the battery for several minutes.

Yesterday I couldn't disarm my alarm for NADA and at the same time, the door locks were malfunctioning.

Note that I had not had ANY previous problems at all.

Once I disconnected the battery and waited 5 minutes then reconnected the battery, it is now back to normal.
My van sometimes gets long periods of rest between long distance excursions and sometimes the battery has gotten low
before I connected a battery charger to it. It's possible these voltage fluctuations caused the problem.

This has been mentioned B4, but it may be buried deep in the forum somewhere and someone may need it very soon.

Hope this helps someone.

Oh..don't forget to ALWAYS carry at LEAST a pair of pliers, a flat and a Phillips screwdriver with you.
That's good advice there Misty and it happened to me after a long excursion where the radio just quit and then the next day it was back after a nights rest. Another thing you may want to consider is a solar charger on the dash, I don't need to put my battery charger on it anymore.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mistipotato

:)MISTIPOTATO, Thanks for the advise on disconnecting the battery to troubleshot the electrical problems. It is good to know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts