The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
is you pointed out it has the 3 litre engine it doesnt have a regular timing chain. it just has a big rubber band and the engine is zero tolerance meaning if you're driving it at any speed and it breaks ? guess what ? not good news. so be sure not to drive it much before you look at that. so onward
False. The 3.0 is a non interference engine on the Chryslers, it's only the Mitsu variants that are interference, that's due to the Chryslers only having 8.9:1 compression instead of the 10:1 the Mitsus have. The factory belts on these can easily go 2-300k miles so long as the water pump doesn't start leaking or the tensioner fails.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
Yea, I thought so.

A buddy of mine had white 3.0. At the end, our start-up procedure for it was dump a quart or 2 of old lawnmower oil in and fill the radiator back up with water. It had head gasket problems too... It must have burped out a good 3 foot wide steam cloud as we drove around and oil drops every few inches. Hahaha...

Anyway, he ended up selling it to a mechanic who apparently fixed it in a couple hours and felt bad enough he tried to give my buddy more money for the van, lol...
They're stupid easy to work on. I can do HGs in them in about 6 hours start to finish. I kinda always regretted pulling my 3.0 out.
The 99 3.8 I had under the hood was fun, but it lacked any potential and couldn't handle the abuse the 3.0s just take without question.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
There are places online that you can have U-bolts made to order.

Here is an example

No need to get something that “works” when you can get something that works right.

I have also known auto part stores that offer this service in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
U bolts are a pretty universal item.
So long as the diameter, length, and width are correct, they're the right part. If it "works" in this instance, it does work right.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
I mean, let's face it... usually vans are exceptionally boring, in general. So enjoying driving them comes with the bonus of always having all your stuff with you too :D
You're just doing it wrong.....

Had a spare set of 17" wheels with sticky tires, was leveled with bigger front and factory rear sway bar, modded 3.3. Used to AutoX it all over.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

2" lift, 3.8 swap, Grabber ATs.
Used to toy around off road in places people only talk about taking their AWD/4WD vehicles.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Then I dropped it, had the transmission built/regeared, and used it for ripping back roads.
Wheel Tire Car Sky Automotive side marker light

Vans are only as boring as their driver ;)

· Registered
1,185 Posts
No sir.
I got mine at my local Napa, so I didn't have to mess around.

If the measurements are right, I don't see why they wouldn't be fine though.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm gonna check them again. I sloppily measured during lunch break, so I might have been off. I'm thinking the inner size was a hair larger than 2.5 inch actually thinking about it.
2.5" should be the inside measurement. That I remember for sure.
I don't recall the diameter or leg length off hand though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts