The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,185 Posts
No sir.
I got mine at my local Napa, so I didn't have to mess around.

If the measurements are right, I don't see why they wouldn't be fine though.

· Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm gonna check them again. I sloppily measured during lunch break, so I might have been off. I'm thinking the inner size was a hair larger than 2.5 inch actually thinking about it.
2.5" should be the inside measurement. That I remember for sure.
I don't recall the diameter or leg length off hand though.

· Registered
220 Posts
I reckon most people can honestly say they've loved riding in or owning one of these at some point.
Very True.
I loved my 95 T&C because of how unbelievably comfortable it was driving that thing. One of the end goals with Bonnie is to kind of reinvent that, and have a comfortable, reliable van that I love to own and drive.
Good luck to you. :)

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Good luck to you. :)
More like good luck to my wallet... My parents live far off, and come visit a few times a year. When I showed them the difference between the Dodge and Chrysler seats and said the passenger seat is also available from the TC, I got a ... "yep". Ok... there's more money into that comfort idea. lol

They're beige vs Bonnie's light gray interior, but I'll probably slide these seat covers back over them anyway.
Car Seat belt Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle
Automotive design Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Mode of transport

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
It's just too cold to get much of anything done today. I was fixin to paint or do more rust deletes, but it's too cold and windy to leave the doors open and lay on the concrete.

But, new Rock Auto leaf springs came in and they look perfect to me:
Automotive tire Wood Road surface Gas Automotive exterior

Also, the drinker's couch came in. Super comfy!

Vehicle Motor vehicle Head restraint Car seat cover Armrest

As dumb as it sounds, I'm excited to drive Bonnie just because those seats... Hahaha

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So, I was finally able to get the last shackle thing off he leaf spring. My neighbor helped out with an air chisel, and that sent out the stuck bolt. Got all them cleaned up and coated with POR 15

Plant Automotive tire Grass Soil Cameras & optics

Also, the rear axle. There was some slag like stuff chippin off it, so I was spendin time doin that every here and there so it wouldn't just chip off and take the paint with it.

Wood Gas Composite material Soil Lumber

I'm a sloppy painter, but for the underside, who cares right?

Tints and shades Space Snow Automotive exterior Eyewear

Next, I wanted to see about pumping down the tank and pulling it out. First, I tried from the engine bay, and that just didn't work at all.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Auto part Gas Nut

Apparently, pumping a tank down is the point of this little hose? It has a metal clamp thingy on it, but conveniently mine was rusted enough to just break off.

Wood Gas Machine Automotive exterior Auto part

Luckily I had a spare bad battery and my universal battery clamps handy.... "This is fine..."

Gas Electrical wiring Machine Electronic device Automotive lighting

So, the bolts that hold the straps are for whatever dumb reason like 2 1/2 inches long. 1 decided to come out, but the other broke the little thread clip thing it was screwed into. It got carefully sawsall'd off, and here's the rusty tank.

Wood Gas Composite material Metal Flooring

The bottom, but the left side I had already started grindin on. Not too bad... Just light surface stuff and minor scaling here and there.

Wood Road surface Gas Rectangle Table

The bottom was totally ground and cleaned off, and POR 15 applied. Almost looks brand new

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Grass Gas

The map gas and solder is because I stupidly bumped the tank on the other side with the sawsall. I'm pretty sure I punched a little hole in it, so I did the dumbest thing possible and brazed it over. Don't do that. I'm an idiot, but I did have glasses and long clothes on and it was extremely wet out. Anyway, the solder is high silver solder, so it's better at closing larger gaps, and it essentially brazed over the dings and the pinhole I put in the tank. Since I have it taped up, there was a hint of fumes before but not after, so I'm pretty sure I got it.

· Registered
402 Posts
The map gas and solder is because I stupidly bumped the tank on the other side with the sawsall. I'm pretty sure I punched a little hole in it, so I did the dumbest thing possible and brazed it over. Don't do that. I'm an idiot, but I did have glasses and long clothes on and it was extremely wet out. Anyway, the solder is high silver solder, so it's better at closing larger gaps, and it essentially brazed over the dings and the pinhole I put in the tank. Since I have it taped up, there was a hint of fumes before but not after, so I'm pretty sure I got it.
Glad that you survived to post about this.

Car tinkerer smells gasoline fumes, uses torch then, voila, no more fumes. That sequence of events could easily have had a very different outcome for which glasses, long sleeves and high relative humidity would provide very little protection.

Do not try this at home, kids.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Car tinkerer smells gasoline fumes, uses torch then, voila, no more fumes. That sequence of events could easily have had a very different outcome for which glasses, long sleeves and high relative humidity would provide very little protection.

Do not try this at home, kids.
Yep, it is worth repeating... I'm an idiot. Don't do what I did. Unless you're a professional, just buy a new tank.

In fact, here's a link to the new tank I should have just ordered if anyone else thinks about doing the same with less soldering experience: More Information for DORMAN 576014

41 - 50 of 50 Posts