The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I have a 2016 Dodge Caravan that has been modified for me to drive as a person with a disability. They cut out the floor and lowered it 10 inches in order for me to fit in with my wheelchair. Please see video

I am in need of tires and I was wondering who would be the largest tire I could fit to raise the right height? Also is there also a way to raise the vehicle easily one or 2 inches and make the suspension stiffer?

I drive from a motorized wheelchair that weighs about 450 pounds and I am usually traveling with another person who uses a motorized wheelchair which weighs about the same all in all total usually traveling with two motorized wheelchairs myself another person in a motorized wheelchair and someone sitting in the front seat so transporting roughly 1200 pounds if I had to guess.

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I think it's coilspring.com that makes custom springs and also supplies to some of the companies that outfit vans for wheelchair access. Maybe they can fill in some of the puzzle.

·
Registered
675 Posts
That’s a great video. I haven’t been able to afford a converted van yet.. I wish I had the answers to your questions.

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
9,908 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Your best bet is to contact the vehicle modifier who did all those modifications, they would be the best to answer those questions. They should also help you funding this project.

Without looking at your wheelchair, I believe you have a Permobil wheelchair.

Lowering the floor 10" seems like too much to me.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Most van conversions, that I have seen, are 10 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts