The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been here for quite some time and everyone's seen plenty of my vans, but:
Given some recent findings on my old Voyager

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Cloud

Automotive side marker light Sky Tire Wheel Car

She is going to be replaced in a few weeks.

I already have a 2018 GC, so I know I enjoy driving it and I know how to take care of them, so just snagging another GC in GT form was my first thought.

But something about the Pacifica with the S-appearance package has caught my interest
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

So let's discuss.
Pacifica with the S appearance package or Grand Caravan GT and why?

Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
VVL 馃い

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude what?! What鈥檚 up with the Gen-2?
WI's lovely over use of liquid salt last year took it's toll on the undercarriage. Thanks to this, it's slowly folding itself in half due to the frame and inner rockers on the passenger side being toast. The passenger door and slider touch at the top while having over 3/8" gap at the bottom, the hinges are perfect:
Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Automotive exterior Automotive tire

Roof is caving in over this as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate to hear that! I've only been on here a couple months but I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts about her.
It was a disappointing find recently.
Especially since it was still almost 100% rust free before last winter.....

Registered
WI's lovely over use of liquid salt last year took it's toll on the undercarriage. Thanks to this, it's slowly folding itself in half due to the frame and inner rockers on the passenger side being toast. The passenger door and slider touch at the top while having over 3/8" gap at the bottom, the hinges are perfect: View attachment 68674
Roof is caving in over this as well.
Really sad to here this. Truly the nicest gen-2 on this forum.:(
Any way you could post a pic or two of the rust damage underneath?

Registered
1995 Dodge Caravan SE 3.0 FWD "Wanda"
So many times during the year I wish I did not live in the SE. But when I see things like that, I am glad I do.

Hate y鈥檃ll have to deal with rust like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're only like an hour drive from me! Just noticed.

Registered
I like my GC because it's a better box for carrying stuff...it's an R/T which became the GT in 2017. I think the rear tailgate opening on the Pacifica is not as high. And the ground clearance of the Pacifica is lower--I don't like plowing snow or ramming parking blocks with the front spoiler.

After 30 years of full size vans, I wanted a scaled down "truck" and the Pacifica is a bit swoopy.

Hoods oxidize on both vehicles--my 2016 is super clean except for the bubbling on the front edge of the hood.

Super Moderator
A big difference is the transmissions. Might want to do a close comparison of the two transmissions as to track record, maintenance and the ability to select gears. I like the gear selection capability of the 62TE.

The Pacifica sounds like a great road vehicle, then again, so is the Caravan, to a little lesser degree.

The Caravan = more of a work horse, the Pacifica = more of a limo, from what I read. Caravan = simpler design.

A Pacifica may be available with lower mileage. How about a Voyager?

Reactions: Long_Voyager94

Registered
2019 Dodge Grand Caravan GT
Disclaimer,,,it鈥檚 not hard to like a vehicle that is less than a year old when all you have driven for the last twenty years has been at least twenty years old.

I rented a Voyager a year ago and I liked it. I just could not get use to the 鈥渘o key in the ignition鈥. The van was well appointed and fancy. I was glad the lady at the rental place told me about the auto start/stop, even knowing about it while I was waiting to pull out of the parking lot it died on me. I was about to get mad then I remembered. I did not notice much fuel mileage difference between it and the 2018 DGC I rented two years previously.

I had thought about blurring out the OYA in the badges if I did ever own one, a tribute to Star Trek you might say.

The Voyager was really too fancy for me, the DGC GT is too but not as bad.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts