The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
It was a slightly different setup for mine because it's a 5th gen, which isn't supported by that module but a different PAC module. I did use the SWI-ADAPT though.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
You're not going to find a spot they connect to and work. Key1&2 are digital SWC signal wires. The wire labeled J1850 is a single wire resistive SWC signal wire. There MUST be a converter between them. You can't make it work without one.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
Oh, so your unit doesn't have the wires for SWC but you're trying to make it work with them? That's going to mean opening up the radio and soldering in to the switches on the face and then replacing the SWC buttons with regular switches instead of the SWC circuit board.

To be able to tell you if you have any SWC wires not labeled as Key1&2, I would need to see the documentation that came with the radio. It should have at minimum a list of wires. What's the model?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
After all speakers, power, and such is hooked up, what wire colors remain? That unit is very popular online, you should be able to find a diagram for one. Might not be labeled with the same brand. I've seen over 20 brands of that radio.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
I highly doubt the SWC method of the '12-'15 Compass is the same as an '03 T&C. Have you tried that setting? I would look for a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Plymouth model of the same year range as yours if it doesn't work. If that can't be found, look for a Mercedes of the same year range.

Reactions: VOYAGER2003

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
You seem to be ignoring the fact that we've told you you need a 1 wire to 2 wire SWC converter. I linked to one earlier, SWI-ADAPT.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
4,531 Posts
That's because the '05 has a provision for 2 wire SWC. The '03 doesn't. You can't do the same thing with different equipment and expect it to work.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts