The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
It is supposed to relearn by itself in 10 miles or so. There are scantools like an Autel brand TPMS unit I have that can scan each wheel and force them to program through the OBD port.

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
710 Posts
Sometimes aftermarket sensors are a PITA. Sometimes it takes longer or drive further or you might have to use the reset tool that J Wikoff referred to. That's if you have installed the correct sensor s

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yeah I had a real struggle with aftermarket sensors on our 14. That's why I got the tpms scantool.

·
Registered
2014 Town & Country
227 Posts
@J Wikoff Which TPMS reset tool did you buy? What brand TPMS sensor did you install?

One of the TPMS sensors went out on my 2014 ~a month ago. I’ve been kicking that can down the road on replacing them because I’ve not been able to figure out how to tell which one(s) went bad.

I’m not particularly interested in paying $350-$400 for an entire set right now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A lot depends on what sensor you installed. A few months ago I replaced all four of mine on the 2014 T&C. Used Schrader 28239 (<$24.00 each on Rock Auto). They mated with the vehicle in about five seconds of driving.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
A lot depends on what sensor you installed. A few months ago I replaced all four of mine on the 2014 T&C. Used Schrader 28239 (<$24.00 each on Rock Auto). They mated with the vehicle in about five seconds of driving.
That's right if you have a decent quality sensor installed and proper PSI your travel should not be much further than 75 feet no tool needed. But if you get a C#i#a knock off then be prepared to fight with it . If you can get it to go at all 😃

I've already had to replace sensors that customers bought their own for install . And had a heck of a time trying to get them to communicate even with the reset tool .

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought these from an Ebay seller in Oct 2020 $32.90 for 4 sensors.

It looks like they are still being sold.

So far I've installed 3 of them in my 2016 DGC and they work perfectly. They sync up immediately, I didn't have to do anything to the TPMS system on the van, just install the sensors and drive the van. I installed the sensors 1 at a time over a few days, not all at once, maybe that has something to do with it.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I don't know what brand sensors I had. They came with a wheel/tire set from CarID. I put the OEM sensors in myself and sent the others back for a refund. Autel TS501 is the tool I got though. I didn't do a lot of research, it was recommended to me so I got it.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
157 Posts
I bought these from an Ebay seller in Oct 2020 $32.90 for 4 sensors.
$32.90 for all four sensors? Had to look at the fine print in the eBay ad. They're using Mopar part numbers and the brand is "CarBole?"

Mopar sensors run almost 50 bones each. Quality aftermarket sensors are 25-30 each. These are a little over 8 bucks apiece?

I'm glad they're working satisfactorily, but they are without a doubt from the bowels of Beijing,

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
$32.90 for all four sensors? Had to look at the fine print in the eBay ad. They're using Mopar part numbers and the brand is "CarBole?"

Mopar sensors run almost 50 bones each. Quality aftermarket sensors are 25-30 each. These are a little over 8 bucks apiece?

I'm glad they're working satisfactorily, but they are without a doubt from the bowels of Beijing,
Just like everything these days 😃

1 - 11 of 11 Posts