The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
I did mine in a similar way with the front of the van in the air with the tire under the frame rail. Used a couple 2x4s to hold the bead back once I had it separated with the jack.

My next challenge was getting air into the tire fast enough to pop the bead back into place. With the valve core removed (they just twist out like a screw) and my air compressor regulator set up to about 100, it was enough.
I used some soapy water and the tires were cold enough and stiff that they laid near the rim and just a few presses on the tire it was able to touch the wheel and started filling. No fancy compressor used just one that had 120psi and 30GAL so plenty of volume.

·
Registered
2007 T&C Touring 3.8L 230k+ mi
220 Posts
If you are selling the van then get it fixed proper and don’t do some sly quick-fix that will end up burning the buyer and passing the issue to someone else. This is the reason buying used cars is always so shady and why the world is the way it is.

Spend the $125 to get them installed and adjust your selling price accordingly. Either do it right or don’t do it all.

·
Registered
97 Posts
So my TPMS light is on , went by the tire shop and they said all the sensors were removed and regular tire valves, local tire shop wants $25 per tire to dismount, install tire sensor, and remount tire. So and old mechanic told me to get a 6 inch pipe, drill four holes, put the tire sensors in the pipe, put thread pipe on the ends, and screw the caps on the pipe and using one of the sensors pump the pipe up to 40 psi, and throw it in the trunk, he said it would cut the light out. Anyone do something like this.
Reading all that's been written, I'd say, it would be best if do the right thing now, replace all and avoid the trickery. Or, leave as is, and explain it to potential buyer, that you can replace sensors for him, but with the additional cost; or add it with out mention. But overall, its best to do things right, in my opinion.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts