The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 t&c 3.8 with only 64K on it & i am the second owner. For the last 3 months ive had a rather upsetting issue. When driving between 30-45 it shudders like a bad torque converter & has a slight harshness when shifting & a vibration when at a stop light. Now it jerks at all speeds like its restricted. The cel has not come but i had it scanned anyway and theres no codes. Im stumped as to what it could be. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what im thinking. My axles were toast so i replaced them & alot of the vibration is gone but still has hard shifying & a slight shudder between 30 & 45 but not under acceleration, only while coasting.

·
Super Moderator
23,303 Posts
What fluid is in the transmission? and is it at proper level?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 1/4 qt over. It calls for atf+4. The fluid that came out when i did the axles was red and clean with no metal shavings. I have the solenoid pack & will be installing it tomorrow & ill make sure the fluid is correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It calls atf+4 its a quarter of a quart over. The fluid that came out when i did the axles was red and clean with no metal shavings. I have the solenoid pack & gasket & im gonna do it tomorrow & then ill make sure the level is correct.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New ATF+4 is red, but after a few years in the transmission it will be darker and not so redish.
Mine is still red at 65K mi. We bought it with 47K & it didnt start acting up till 62K mi

·
Super Moderator
23,303 Posts
Did the trans solenoid today & zero particles in the fluid & was as red as the new fluid i put in. Big difference. Shifts way better.
Glad to hear of your success. (y)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want to thank all of you for assisting me with my van. It really means alot to me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts