The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 voyager, 94&95 caravan, 99 grand caravan (3) all handicap converted-01&06 grand caravan SXT's
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
01 Grand Caravan. Started running rough 5 minutes from home. Got home to park it and figured I would check the fluid the next day. Tranny fluid looks brown but full and today the van won't move. Good running 3.8 motor and new tires. At 185k miles planning to have AAA tow it to my desert property ( I live in a no nonsense HOA in San Diego) and retire this van. Are there any Goop or flush fixes? Not interested in putting any money in to this van though i have a mechanic that says he will swap it out for $300 if I find one. Anyone having one of these sitting in the corner in Southern California?

Also curious how do you guys add a signature to a post without having to re type each of your vans in your tag line. I currently have an 89 voyager, 93 voyager VMI, 94 & 95 caravan IMS, 3-99 grand caravans, 2 -01's, and a 06 grand caravan. Most converted for handicap access but not the 01 that just died or it would then be worth repairing. Is there a separate area in here for Accessible Chrysler products? We do seem to have unique problems and part needs.

Greg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Welcome to the forums. So, since you've already made up your mind to not fix your van and retire it, it will be hard to get feedback. Most people come here asking for help to diagnose and fix their van.

As to the signature, you will need to go to your > acct. details> acct. settings> signature.

Reactions: Carbuff2

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Caravan SXE
975 Posts
01 Grand Caravan. Started running rough 5 minutes from home. Got home to park it and figured I would check the fluid the next day. Tranny fluid looks brown but full and today the van won't move. Good running 3.8 motor and new tires. At 185k miles planning to have AAA tow it to my desert property ( I live in a no nonsense HOA in San Diego) and retire this van. Are there any Goop or flush fixes? Not interested in putting any money in to this van though i have a mechanic that says he will swap it out for $300 if I find one. Anyone having one of these sitting in the corner in Southern California?

Also curious how do you guys add a signature to a post without having to re type each of your vans in your tag line. I currently have an 89 voyager, 93 voyager VMI, 94 & 95 caravan IMS, 3-99 grand caravans, 2 -01's, and a 06 grand caravan. Most converted for handicap access but not the 01 that just died or it would then be worth repairing. Is there a separate area in here for Accessible Chrysler products? We do seem to have unique problems and part needs.

Greg
Greg, what if the fix only takes 30mins by replacing just 1 part.

Behind and under the battery tray is the solenoid-pack to the UltraDrive transmission. Once you do the 'key dance' to get the vehicle codes, you'll know if the solenoid pack went bad.

It's the same for both the 3.3L & 3.8L.

A simple little thing.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
93 voyager, 94&95 caravan, 99 grand caravan (3) all handicap converted-01&06 grand caravan SXT's
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can try that later when I have more time. I actually have that part sitting in the back of another 01. That one would not shift into the highest gear (overdrive) and that was one on the first suggestions to try. Bought one, installed it, didn't fix the problem. Tomorrow this 01 ex gets towed from my condo to my 1/4 acre spread out at Salton Sea Beach. I have enough vans out there to do my own version of the Cadillac Ranch. But they are all still running and near and dear to me. HOA won't let this one linger and that is where the part is anyway. It is an overnight stop on my way to Phoenix to deliver a 06 Grand Caravan. That van was donated to ALS and they found someone out there that needed a drop floor van with low effort steering and brakes. So it will pay my gas and some change til I have time to actually look at this. The fluid looked pretty ugly and I'd had it flushed around 120k. it does make me feel a bit ashamed to see itsallgood has 300k on this same van and I may be giving up but I've got so much rolling stock it's hard to keep up. It won't go away soon though, everything takes time and although we only get a limited amount mine may be eaten up now but I'll find some later on with luck. This was one of my 2 vehicles that had a tow hitch but for Xmas I'd gotten a hitch for my 06 DGC, maybe it was jealous.

Reactions: Road Ripper
1 - 4 of 4 Posts