The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am considering very much to "upgrade" the VM Motori engine in my 06 Voyager with 60.000 Km (not miles...) on with a tuning box so it goes from from 150 Hp to 180 hp (or more if i Like but thats not likely). It is a specific solutions designed for the voyager, not just a resistor fooling the ECU to increase pump pressure.

This is what I am looking into: http://www.chipexpress.com/products/283/

Any experience with this out there ?

Thanks
ps. how do you keep track of the threads you created (or are following) ?

·
Registered
430 Posts
The idea of adding chips to increase power never sat well with me. Not sure about how much the ECU will compensate with the CRD engine, but if you tell the ECU of a regular gasoline powered van that you're changing some parameter, it will counteract it, in most cases making the vehicle run with less power or use much more gas than it should. A proper tune will include physically changing parts, up to and including the ECU to a programmable model, bypassing the stock one.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its a difficult decision.
This one I am looking at is not a single parameter change to fool the ECU but and overall change of the ECU.

·
Registered
801 Posts
ps. how do you keep track of the threads you created (or are following) ?
click on your name at the top left corner of your post and choose "View Forum Posts"

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah, its a difficult decision.
This one I am looking at is not a single parameter change to fool the ECU but and overall change of the ECU.
From product page
Because the diesel tuning chip works in harmony with your engine's ECU rather than replacing it
Look into the reviews, and if you'll have to pay return shipping etc on the 14 day trial. It looks like it sits after the ecu, making adjustments to what the ecu is putting out and working with that.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
If you are getting a full ECM tune from a reputable tuner, I would go for it. Diesels usually have a ton of power left on the table from the factory to satisfy emissions. Crank the boost (if applicable) and modify the injector timing and have fun. Now I do wonder how much torque the trans will take though. lol

I'm not so sure on that add on chip thing though. Never seen a diesel tune done like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts