The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,
I own a 99 grand voyager 2.5 turbo diesel.
It starts off from standstill with turbo pulling well up until it reachs 2000rpm then turbo seems to back off almost totally right through rest of rev range........
As anybody experianced any kind of problem or have any knowledge of what it could be?

:help_wsig

:beerchug:

·
Mustang Lover
460 Posts
Turbos

Well I cant speak for turbo diesel applications but I do have a fair amount of experience with Turbo gas engines. Usually if the boost is backed off by the computer in a gas engine it is becuase the computer is detecting detonation. It could also be a wastegate issue.

Cudd

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi. Have you checked your injectors? I had a similar problem with poor performance on my turbo diesel as the engined reached higher revs. It turned out to be the injectors. I ran some different cleaners through them which helped a bit but never really fixed the problem. I finally took them out and had them reconditioned (only cost £90). The engine ran perfectly after that. It isn't a big job to get the injectors out, but you will need a special tool for one of the injectors because it has some wires coming out of it which prevents you getting a normal socket on it. If you have box spanner of the right size you may be able to use that. I also have now had mine 'chipped' It goes like a rocket and also uses less fuel at motorway cruising speeds (70 - 80mph).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is someone else in the u.k!!!

Hi Phil,
thanks for the reply, will look into the injector side of things.
I am also very interested in the chip you mentioned, if you dont mind me asking where did you have it chipped & what is the cost of such upgrade?

regards

Bazza

p.s where are you located in u.k?

:beerchug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts