The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just replaced the TIPM in my 2012 Town & Country, and now my front turn signals and fog lights don't work. What happened?

EDIT: I pulled the C4 connector to the TIPM and swapped pins 7 and 11 and 9 and 16. I now have a left front turn signal, but no right turn signal or fog lights. Nothing was in the space for pin number 11, so should I have switched with a different pin?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Saw you posted the same thing on FB. There should be no reason to swap pins. What year did you get the TIPM from? Also a T&C/DGC? Other models have TIPMs that will fit but are wired differently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw you posted the same thing on FB. There should be no reason to swap pins. What year did you get the TIPM from? Also a T&C/DGC? Other models have TIPMs that will fit but are wired differently.
I bought it from the O'Reilly's near my house.

Where does one normally buy these things? I am new to the world of replacing my entire fuse panel whenever a fuel pump relay becomes bored with life.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
They sold you the wrong one then. Most people get them straight from the dealer.

Do you still have your old one? There's a fix for the fuel pump relay. You bypass the built-in relay with an external one.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Where does one normally buy these things?
Junkyards and eBay are chock-full of good used units. You absolutely have to have the OE part number, however. Did the parts store already send off your core, or can you get there and record the part number?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Great. Get all the numbers off of it.

If all it had wrong with it was the fuel pump relay, do an external one.

Attachments

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have the core in my hot little hands.
Cool. I'd start checking eBay and/or boneyards. My TIPM went haywire about 2.5 years ago. After a futile rebuild attempt, I found a T-boned 2014 DGC GT in a local junkyard. Had the same part number on the TIPM (68217405AB), but a July 2014 assembly date instead of my original Sep 2013 date. Not a single issue since. Paid just under 100 bucks.

Font Event Label Electric blue Natural material

Reactions: Sienile

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Each year has unique TIPMs, so be sure you look for the same year model. Whether it's a T&C or DGC doesn't matter, but it needs to have the same options.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally said "screw it" and bought a TIPM from the dealership. Everything works, but there is a problem...

When I hit the turn signals, the fog lights flash! I saw something about swapping the pins on the C4 connector to correct this problem, but the swap calls for exchanging pins 7 and 11 and 9 and 16 and there is no wire in the 11 pin position. Now what?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,356 Posts
Did you put the pins you moved back in their original position? It should plug in and work correctly without any additional steps.

Reactions: ggoose
1 - 12 of 12 Posts