The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I connect my iPhone to UConnect (plain version, without navigation) via Bluetooth and use the phone's navigation, it plays through the speakers only when I'm playing something else on the phone (such as a podcast or music). If I switch to radio, I don't hear the navigation. In addition, if I pause the podcast or music, the navigation doesn't come through either.

I bought one of the last new 2019 Grand Caravan SXTs available in my area, for not much more than I would have paid for a used GC, so if that's how the system is supposed to work, I can live with it. For an "awarding winning" (according to the website) system, however, I expect a better user experience, so I'm wondering if I've missed something.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,475 Posts
You're not missing anything, this is how the system works on these units.

The system does not recognize that your phone has navigation that is currently directing you somewhere, it interprets the navigation as a normal BT audio stream just like streaming music from YouTube. Any navigation prompts the unit receives is interpreted as BT streaming, which will only be heard if you select the BT streaming mode. The same goes for connecting to the jack, or the USB, it doesn't distinguish them it just plays what you select.

Edit: Also with the paused music and no nav coming through, the module expects a consistent stream of whatever you listen to. You will notice the radio lags a few seconds behind, I'm not sure what the requirements are but the nav promps just don't meet the requirements, not sure if they aren't long enough or what but this is normal for these units unfortunately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts