The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I've been here for a while reading and this is my first time posting, and just would like some clarrification on a little issue. I have an 08 Town and Country touring wwith the REN radio. I order the Uconnect pn#82212159 and installed it, I also got the Ipod integration cable 82212000, also installed it, when to the dealer here in Germany and they were able to enable it and my bluetooth and voice recognition works fine but the Ipod does not. I did get a new tab called UCI on the screen but its greyed out. I looked online and see various different Ipod integration cable that may work and before I go and purchase the wrong one, I want to get some input on what I need to do. My goal is to get the ipod to be controlled through the ren screen and not through the Ipod itself. Is this even possible? If so which cable do I need or am I looking to buy something else or have the dealer enable something else? Just some guidance would be appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My older kids ( 18 years and up ) just use the ipod/computer USB cord to connect to our's. They haven't been able to figure out how to control the ipod through the screen...they can only use the ipod's screen.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
On our 2012 I think you can do stuff like play/pause back/next bit that is about it. Choosing a track or a playlist appears to have to be performed on the iPod itself.

All this does not require a cable. It all works via Bluetooth.

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
Hi there I've been here for a while reading and this is my first time posting, and just would like some clarrification on a little issue. I have an 08 Town and Country touring wwith the REN radio. I order the Uconnect pn#82212159 and installed it, I also got the Ipod integration cable 82212000, also installed it, when to the dealer here in Germany and they were able to enable it and my bluetooth and voice recognition works fine but the Ipod does not. I did get a new tab called UCI on the screen but its greyed out. I looked online and see various different Ipod integration cable that may work and before I go and purchase the wrong one, I want to get some input on what I need to do. My goal is to get the ipod to be controlled through the ren screen and not through the Ipod itself. Is this even possible? If so which cable do I need or am I looking to buy something else or have the dealer enable something else? Just some guidance would be appreciate it. Thanks for your help.
I don't know if it was possible.

There were a BUNCH of different Mopar iPod kits put out, and they are hard to find now

·
Super Moderator
6,253 Posts
On our 2012 I think you can do stuff like play/pause back/next bit that is about it. Choosing a track or a playlist appears to have to be performed on the iPod itself.

All this does not require a cable. It all works via Bluetooth.
The BT streaming is a 2010 or 2011+ feature

1 - 5 of 5 Posts