The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can play video in the radio screen but not on the rear screen. I pushed the Turn On VES on the radio screen it keeps saying locked right next the clock on mt 2016 T&C, any ideas?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Is this a new development, or been this way since you bought it?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
648 Posts
All that mans is the setting has been "disabled" for the remote control for the rear screen(s).

It can be locked or unlocked by pressing the "lock" button on the VES DVD drive under the climate controls or, if single overhead display you will need to follow the radio's instruction to lock or unlock the remote control operation.

This info was grabbed out of a Chrysler VES manual, if you have a single overhead screen you will have to look into your radio's manual or, play around the radio settings until you find the locking and unlocking section. May be under settings, or system setup.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
The lock button down by the hvac locks out the rear ac controls. Nothing to do with the screens.

The only lock could find prevents the remotes from working. There is a Lock button on the input select screen, and pushing it, accepting the info pop-up, you get the outline of a remote with a red line through it up in the top right.

I can't find any other locks.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
648 Posts
The lock button down by the hvac locks out the rear ac controls. Nothing to do with the screens.

The only lock could find prevents the remotes from working. There is a Lock button on the input select screen, and pushing it, accepting the info pop-up, you get the outline of a remote with a red line through it up in the top right.

I can't find any other locks.

View attachment 59447

View attachment 59448

View attachment 59449
I was referring to older VES DVD player located under the climate controls, it has a button to lock the remote, and a button to lock the headphones. Not sure when they "phased out" the older VES but I saw a 2012 and a 2013 and they had the old VES DVD player.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Whenever they started with the blu-ray is my guess. My 14 has the blu-ray player in the last shot. I'm sure OP's 16 has the same.

Reactions: Michalb
1 - 6 of 6 Posts