The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
1,629 Posts
I really think Hybrids should be the focus, as you can still use the car long distances and for emergencies. But, I’m and old Gen-X guy who likes gas…..

I really looked into Chevy Volts before I bought my Camry, as an electric car would be perfect for my 20 mile round trip commute. Cost is a limiting factor,plus, I may need to drive 300 miles on a moments notice due to family health issues. Can’t do that with an electric only car.

·
Super Moderator
28,480 Posts
That's sounds positive for the Windsor Plant. Sharp looking vehicle, front has way more personality than the Teslas I've seen. Should have a gas engine. :)

Chrysler couldn't get the 200 or Dart right, apparently. What makes them think they can get the EV right. Subsidies? Those electric vehicles cost a lot of money and don't expect a battery from rockauto.com. :)

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fiat Chrysler doesn't make cars anymore. The Ram and Jeep line makes all their money. The Pacifica line will suffer the same quality control issues the Caravan suffers from. 2028 is a very long time away. If the past repeats itself this company could be sold two more times by then. I would seriously look to companies like Toyota or if you have deep pockets, BMW or Mercedes. Fiat has experienced a massive failure to launch in North America and it appears that it may cut it's losses. Just like domestic and foreign brands their focus has become the Asian and to some extent the European markets. North American sales are declining as Asian markets are on the upswing. Ford or GM may be the only domestic supplier you can look to for products you might consider.

·
Super Moderator
28,480 Posts
I don't know about that. The Dodge Charger is rated pretty highly, I hear and the Challenger, with its 14 year old bones outsold the Mustang pony car in 2020.
Consumer Reports Dodge Charger:

I like the 5th Generation Vans. They should have made them forever, improving as they went
Car Complaints - Dodge Grand Caravan

Reactions: UN4GTBL and DenysG

·
Registered
425 Posts
I think they will lose a lot of sales by having discontinued the Grand Caravan. That was basically the mini of choice for all the fleets around here that used them. I guess that's why they brought out the Voyager, as a more basic model aimed at that market, but I haven't seen them being used for that here at all. And I've really yet to see any on the road. The 4th and 5th gens are very common here, and the Pacifica, less so. With all the snowbirds you especially see lots of (late) 4th and 5th gen T&Cs.

·
Super Moderator
28,480 Posts
The Windsor plant has been down a lot due to lack of microchips for the fancy and other stuff in vehicles these days. Think heated seats steering wheels and much, much more.
Global Chip Shortage Makes It Tough to Buy Certain Cars
A major chip manufacturer says shortage could stretch into 2023. CR offers expert advice on how to navigate the current car market.

Chrysler sold some new 2016 T&Cs last year plus some new Vipers and Jeep Patriots. :) https://www.chryslerminivan.net/threads/coffee-shop.166993/page-331#post-1773919

·
Registered
94 Posts
FCA has a focus on Jeep and Ram only, all other vehicles are lost leaders. Go to a show room what do you see? I went to an automotive show that displayed the first Caravan. I was hooked. It had the Mitsubishi 2.6 litre with a balance shaft. I waited till they introduced the six cylinder and then jumped in. It wasn't the best but Ford and GM got their pants pulled down on this one. Jump forward. Toyota or Honda have shown us the way. Considering the issues I see on this site and my personal experience I am not convinced that purchasing this vehicle would be a good long term investment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts