The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know there is a thread somewhere on this forum but after 30 minutes of searching I was unable to find it. It was also a thread I replied to, not sure why I have such a problem finding it.

Anyways, I am interested in a nav update for my 2018 (made in 2017) 430N RHB radio. It has not been updated since factory, and I do also know they supposedly go on sale sometime before the new year.

I downloaded the Garmin express program onto my PC and I followed the steps to see how much they'd charge for a map update. But after the program recognized the 2017 RHB, when I hit "refresh for updates" I get a message saying "Sorry, we're having a problem communicating with our servers" And no matter what I do this message won't go away. I have tried 3 different computers now.
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

After reading up online about this message, it seems that a handful of others have this problem and seems to be random for when it works and doesn't. I do intend to buy a map update the next time there is one on sale, most likely for the 2023 map year.

Anyone experienced this? I know a few members have purchased a map update, but making this thread for anyone else who wishes to update their 430N.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good morning. Just saw this thread and have a similar query for my 430N.

A few minutes ago I tried to purchase updates for my 2014 T&C and my 2008 Charger (730N). I know these are supposed to be the final updates for my systems, but figured I'd like to have the latest versions. I put them into my shopping cart in late December:

Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Web page

While the 2008 Charger update is still in stock, I was informed the 2014 update is now obsolete and unavailable.

Came across this on eBay and wondering if anyone's used something similar - or if this is even legitimate.

This seller has three feedback entries for this item. One buyer said it was excellent, one buyer needed tech help (but it eventually went OK), and a third buyer claimed his system went blank after installing.

I'd certainly like the latest maps, but not willing to blow up a system I last updated in 2019.

Anybody have experience with updates that didn't come from the UConnect site?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to update this thread.

I know a few people mentioned the map updates being discontinued for 2014 model years, however, I never expected the 2018 year to be included in that, it's still quite new!

The Garmin app keeps giving me an error message "sorry we are having a problem communicating with our servers" message, and today I decided to dig a bit deeper and do some research. The Uconnect website gave me this message:
Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

This sucks!!!

Again, I never expected the 2018 year made stuff to be discontinued so fast :(

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
312 Posts
I'd like to update this thread.

I know a few people mentioned the map updates being discontinued for 2014 model years, however, I never expected the 2018 year to be included in that, it's still quite new!

The Garmin app keeps giving me an error message "sorry we are having a problem communicating with our servers" message, and today I decided to dig a bit deeper and do some research. The Uconnect website gave me this message:
View attachment 65497
This sucks!!!

Again, I never expected the 2018 year made stuff to be discontinued so fast :(
I also get that message on the Uconnect Map Updates website when selecting the 2018 Jeep Wrangler with RHB (interestingly, it directs to the link for the 2014 Chrysler 200); however, inputting the 2018 Grand Caravan, which also used the RHB navigation radio, goes to this page where the 10-digit unit ID can be entered:

Uconnect Navigation Store - Grand Caravan 2018

Perhaps you could try entering your RHB's unit ID there, and seeing where the Uconnect Map Updates website takes you to?

Reactions: Michalb

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also get that message on the Uconnect Map Updates website when selecting the 2018 Jeep Wrangler with RHB (interestingly, it directs to the link for the 2014 Chrysler 200); however, inputting the 2018 Grand Caravan, which also used the RHB navigation radio, goes to this page where the 10-digit unit ID can be entered:

Uconnect Navigation Store - Grand Caravan 2018

Perhaps you could try entering your RHB's unit ID there, and seeing where the Uconnect Map Updates website takes you to?
But it's the same radio... why discontinue one line and not the other?? It's literally the exact same radio!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tried the 2018 link, kicked back to the mythical 2014 200:

Purple Rectangle Human body Violet Pink

·
Registered
2,703 Posts

I got the map update from eBay. Experience here.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I got the map update from eBay. Experience here.
Experience WHERE....????

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
312 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I think I got autocorrected, but I can't remember what I meant to type.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts