The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First got to say I love this van, I had a 2011 before in not so falttering pale blue but really enjoyed all the utilitarian features and saftey. I was a big difference in visibilty when I went to a Durango .. felt like I lost half my front vision.

Anywho, been trying to cut cost for a future home purchase, so I sold my 2014 Durango which I was fiancing .. total commerical webuyanycar.com rules if you want to sell your car for a good price and avoid the private party work.

Sold my 2014 Durango , got myself a 2014 a beautiful Grey 30th edition Town and Country. I got to say I'm totally missing my Uconnect feature on my Durango it was a paid subscripion that changed to 9.99 a month with t-mobile with an obdII modem .. With the news Uconnect I had an App on my Iphone that could locate the vehicle , lock it remotely and allow me to send addresses directly to GPS from the phone to it. The only thing it was missing was Apple Carplay.

I saw this video and wondering if anyone was able to upgrae the existing radio with an newer UConnect 7.4 Model.

Anyone able to pull this off ? Do the on screen controls work any drawbacks ? I'm pretty certain I can pick one up online some where.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Besides this I was looking a Getting an after market 9 inch Andriod radio with Apple Car Play... Saw this video and it seems possible and looks really good .
Anyone try this yet ?

·
Registered
680 Posts
UConnect 8.4 is built-in in cars with CUSW or Powernet architecture. All NEW cars from FCA after MJ13 uses this architecture. These cars has a body computer and not a TIPM. The RT from MJ 2008 up to MJ20 use the gateway architecture. Its not possible to integrate an UConnect 8.4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts