The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Town&Country Base Model 3.3
25 Posts
The vacuum line that is shown connected to your throttle body runs to one side of the evap purge solenoid. A second line runs from the purge solenoid to your charcoal evap. cannister. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As I recall the bottom line went to the evap cannister and the upper went to the throttle body. But if you really think about it.since the solenoid is normally closed when deenergized,the position of the lines shouldn't matter since the circuit of the fumes/vapor from cannister to throttle body would be exactly the same if the lines were reversed. Again, if I'm wrong and I don't think I am,somebody will comment I'm sure. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been experiencing emission codes myself off and on for the better part of a year now(p0440,p0456 and gascap warning appearing in odometer). I have attempted fixes ie: replaced gascap,new charcoal evap cannister,NVLD and codes persist.I feel like a cat chasing its tail! The **** of it is the car runs great ,handles great,brakes smoothly and cold ac(42-44 degrees) at 165,000 miles. Its just that darn yellow light coming on 1-2x/wk. The only recourse I have as I see it is to take it to the dealership for a1-2 hr diagnostic only and maybe do a smoke test if necessary. Tired of throwing $$ at what seems unsolvable. My avg. mileage is around 21 mpg which is about 50/50 highway/city driving. Good luck solving your codes..Lots of good information here researching for troubleshooting ideas using the search function.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts