The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone else find the front seats very uncomfortable?

This is our 4th Chrysler T&C and the seats are by far the worse.

We have the cloth seats that are heated. I wonder if that was our mistake?

Any suggestions for seat covers or pads?

We are driving to Florida in December (form Wisconsin) and I will be miserable.

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
As a general rule, I'm not impressed with Chrysler's recent cloth fabrics.

I rented a 2006-or-7 300. It had the cloth seats. They felt no different from canvas. I also rented a 2008 Journey SXT and it had the Yes cloth seats. Also, very poor feel. The 2008 Ram we have at work has the Yes cloth seats. Again, poor. I have sat in an '08, but did not drive one. From the sitting impression, I was not pleased.

The cloth in the 4th generation vans was much smoother and softer. The '06 Grand Caravan we have at work has very comfortable front seats. The cloth is more like velour than tent fabric.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seat Cover Ad

I mentioned Seat Pads and Seat Covers and noticed today an ad for Seat Covers by Whitney pops up in the middle of this discussion. Very Smart and scary.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I don't mind the Yes fabric too much. Unfortunately when you offer anti-static, anti-stain material it's not going to be the softest thing you sit on.

Now as far as the cushioning is concerned, the driver's and passenger's seats leave a lot to be desired. Very little side-to-side support on the seat bottom.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have the leather seats in the Limited and I find them much more comfortable than the seats in the 2007 Honda Odyssey I traded in on it, or the 2004 Toyota Sienna I had before that. I don't know if being the Limited or being in leather makes any difference though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I don't like the rough fabric, but I despise leather, so I had to choose the lesser of two dislikes. I much preferred the fabric on my '03 Grand Caravan. However, the new seats fit me very well, and 2400 miles in three days was surprisingly comfortable.

·
Registered
610 Posts
The latest offering I found in my rental was not too bad for comfort. Material, ehhhh, could leave it. I did like the length of the seat bottom for leg support though. The longest I was in the drivers seat was for about 1 1/2 hrs from Memphis to Oxford MISS. Pretty smooth freeway overall.

KC.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have the leather seats as well and find them comfortable. I didn't even know that they offer heated seats on fabric.

·
Registered
897 Posts
It's not just the change to leather over cloth, the basic seat structure seems to improve as you move up toward the Limited. Even then, our Third Generation Limited had better seats than our Fourth Generation Limited. The Fifth Generation Limited's seats I tired were about the same, which is OK. The basic standard seats are not in the same ball park.

·
Registered
36 Posts
You have an assortment of complaints about your new vehicle. I gotta ask, and I mean no disrespect, but did you test drive your van before purchasing? I'm not taking a shot at you, I can see that if you've have been pleased with them in the past, perhaps you didn't pay much attention when getting a new one?

·
Certified Minivan Freak
9,436 Posts
It's not just the change to leather over cloth, the basic seat structure seems to improve as you move up toward the Limited.
The seats in our '07 Signature Series are made by Lear. Does Lear supply all the seats for these vans, or do they supply the seats for the higher level trims. Richard, are your Limited seats by Lear?

·
Registered
212 Posts
my compaint on the seats is the side bolsters are made to accomidate fat people because they are too far apart. i end up sliding left and right during average turns, which is annoying. i prefer seats that hug you a little better than these.

·
Registered
396 Posts
So I suppose that above average weight people will find them comfortable. Like it or not, all of the auto manufacturers are gearing the comfort of the interiors to shall I say more robust individuals. It's life. They were probably tired of hearing that the seats were too small for the average American, thus they made the changes.

Try putting on a few lbs. and maybe you'll like the seats more.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm 5'10", and 175 lb, so I'm not overweight, and the seats secure me very well, but the new fabric feels more like Velcro, so I suppose that's part of it. I probably would slide around on the slick leather.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Does anyone else find the front seats very uncomfortable?

This is our 4th Chrysler T&C and the seats are by far the worse.

We have the cloth seats that are heated. I wonder if that was our mistake?

Any suggestions for seat covers or pads?

We are driving to Florida in December (form Wisconsin) and I will be miserable.
I always purchase leather for a reason. the seats are more comfortable and better designed...
there is nothing you can do to improve cloth..
you are screwed sorry for the bad news.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts