The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin has an 08 TC WPC the lower dvd disc light blinks all the time . Now it displays on screen that it has a incorrect region error. I checked it with Appcar and it is in the region #1 which is correct .

Checked the vin and it is the original DVD player.Will not play in the radio DVD either it will start to play then you just get sound. I'm going to swap out the lower dvd to see if it's not a faulty unit. Anybody ever see anything like this ?

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
737 Posts
With the disc in the DVD player below the climate controls, see if the radio will be able to play the disc on it's screen. Try insert the disc into the radio itself as well, see if that will play.

I had a similar issue, except it was the radio itself. The radio was able to display a movie playing in the DVD player, but when i insert the movie into the radio itself it shows a "Region Error" message.

While the CD is in the radio, on the overhead screens I could see "Disc Error" and "region Code Mismatch".

It was the radio in my case, I bought a 2010 RBZ which I though would replace my REN, but went back to my original REN as a result of these issues.

·
Registered
2009 GCV SE
737 Posts
Note to the post above, I also checked appcar and the region code was set to 1, which is correct. I tried all region codes to see if any would work but none did.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
21 Posts
Are you able to try to set it to region 0 using appcar? Some websites indicate that code 0 is equal to "region free", so it should work for all region DVDs.

·
Premium Member
2009 Chrysler Town and Country
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I haven't didn't know 0 was an option
I'LL check next time I have access to the vehicle . Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Caravan 35th Anniversary Edition
21 Posts
DVD hacks are all over the place indicating 0 is "all regions" or "region free", so 0 might work if it is actually an option in AppCar software.

One thing to be careful of is that most DVD region settings can only be changed a limited number of times, I guess there is a built-in counter somewhere in the DVD firmware.

·
Registered
2008 Chrysler Town & Country Limited (4.0L)
24 Posts
I just recently started having this problem as well....within the last week or two. My understanding from reading other forums is that the radio somehow syncs with satellites to get the proper region code?

At any rate ... I've had this issue briefly before and it righted itself without any intervention ... but at the current moment the problem has been going on for a longer period of time.

Wondering if anyone else with '08's are experiencing this...is there something going on external to the van?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts