The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all youdi hard mopar fans . I just bought à 2016 tnc , month ago, never road tested it very good, there was a wok wok ? sound that I attributed to bad tires (probably wrong) . Replaced the tires, now I get à slight shimmy at highway speeds and various. Balanced 3 times . Maybe servicing front brakes ? My old 007 grand caravan was smooth as Glass ! Thank you . This is a first for me. Mopars since 1973!. One 1969 gto . 69 and 71 chargers as well.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Bent or somehow out of spec rim? Shop should have caught this.
Bad CV joint/axle, worse under load? How about coasting? A long high speed highway ramp? Any difference?
Slight braking make things worse or better? Any noise or vibration when [ no other traffic around ] swaying the vehicle left and right while going down the road?
Balancing, road force balancing is better. Did you have that done?

Slight shimmy? Says a bad tire to me.

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
321 Posts
Many possible reasons from the tire surface all the way back into brakes, suspension, and drive train.

Bad tires or wheels is the first place to start- some tires can have internal defects not picked up on a balancing. (Tread separation was not picked up in one of my vans until several trips back to the tire store).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bent or somehow out of spec rim? Shop should have caught this.
Bad CV joint/axle, worse under load? How about coasting? A long high speed highway ramp? Any difference?
Slight braking make things worse or better? Any noise or vibration when [ no other traffic around ] swaying the vehicle left and right while going down the road?
Balancing, road force balancing is better. Did you have that done?

Slight shimmy? Says a bad tire to me.
Hi Elvis. Thank Q for your reply. I did a lot of homework on tires, and destroyed it all by buying the cheapest I could find! made in CHI- NA ! as most are ? going to try the coasting and breaking, and others you are suggesting tomorrow, The rims looked good , to the half naked eye. Going for a higher tech balance ..#4 !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts