The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I have a 1998 Town and Country LXI. I have been having problems with the VTSS intermittently taking control of my van. This was mostly a nuisance as the system would reset as if I armed and then disarmed using my key fob. However, some idiot (who happens to be writing this) lost the keys. Only had one active keyless remote and now the problem has occured again.

I have been studying the various threads on the issue and would like to thank everyone here for all the great information. My problem now is that the system has locked out the starter and now the vehicle won't even turn over. Does anyone know if there is a reset procedure once the system is locked out like this? Will arming and disarming the system reset the starter lock out as well?

I am in the process of troubleshooting the various causes that have been posted. I just want to make sure that the starter lockout will clear so that I'm not doing unnecessary work.

Thank you all in advance for any information you may be able to share.

Bill

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so I have an update. Removed the hvac switch and tried to start the van; no progress. Removed the instrument cluster and tried to start the van; it roared to life. Now I will be performing the instrument cluster circuit board re-solder fix that many others have described throughout this forum. I'm not really certain that this will fix the particular issue that I am facing as it doesn't explain the other symptom that I forgot to mention in my earlier post. When using my key to open the doors the doors automatically lock when I return the key to the neutral position.

I'll be posting some pictures and progress reports as I continue working on the issue for those who might be reading this thread. If anyone has any tips, tricks, or insights they would be very much appreciated. Thanks again

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts