The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
People you've had in your van also own one? Every person Ive had in my van dont own a caravan and dont even realize that the stow and go seats would fold forward with the side lever. They think that the lever is just for reclining the backrest....
Nope.

But their Odyssey/Sienna did/does.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does anyone have the Weathertech for the far back cargo area?.. I scored one and I think the seats catch on the lip of it when you go to stow them.. not allowing them to fully stow.

Anyone else?.. I've sent them two messages throught their website, but looks like I'll have to give them a call.

JK

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was looking and just about ordered these, but I'm now hesitant due to this this thread. With 2 small kids and a dog, we need something since our carpet is light Grey and we live in Ohio.

I don't see any other options avaliable however online. Anyone know of any other good heavy liners?

We don;t tumble to get in either, so it may not be an issue.

·
Registered
232 Posts
http://automatstore.com/

We bought from them from our '05 and now for our '12. The nice part is the middle row mats cover all the parts the stock mats do not. Then we put the (what I consider disposable) stock mats on top of that. For the front we scored the weathertech and those are working out fine. if you need slush ones, then maybe husky? or I see ones on that sites listed, but can't comment on those.

Thanks,
JK

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I was looking and just about ordered these, but I'm now hesitant due to this this thread. With 2 small kids and a dog, we need something since our carpet is light Grey and we live in Ohio.

I don't see any other options avaliable however online. Anyone know of any other good heavy liners?

We don;t tumble to get in either, so it may not be an issue.
I'd go with the husky ones.

These make even using the bins a pain.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Does anyone have the Weathertech for the far back cargo area?.. I scored one and I think the seats catch on the lip of it when you go to stow them.. not allowing them to fully stow.

Anyone else?.. I've sent them two messages throught their website, but looks like I'll have to give them a call.

JK

if you pull it towards the back of the van a bit does it help? Its probably getting pulled back by the seat.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I noticed this same issue on a friends van which is why I did not buy the Weathertech liner. I instead went to Lowes and I purchased some clear plastic carpet protectors and cut them form fit. I added some velcro to the bottom of the plastic which better holds trimmed pieces in place. It cost me $15 total to do and everything is covered all the way to the plastic trim when you open the doors. It does not look pretty because it reminds me a little of my grandmothers plastic chair covers but it works very well and my carpets remain 100% clean for dirt, snow, and sand.
Also come the summer I will take it out as I do with my winter mats in all my cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just checked the status of my Husky order, it is currently processing and hasn't shipped yet. I'll post a full review when I receive them. I ordered all 3 rows, and as UN4GTBL mentioned, they are split in the middle between the 2rd and 3rd rows. I also thought the front mats covered the dead pedal better than the weathertech's, we will see....

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just checked the status of my Husky order, it is currently processing and hasn't shipped yet. I'll post a full review when I receive them. I ordered all 3 rows, and as UN4GTBL mentioned, they are split in the middle between the 2rd and 3rd rows. I also thought the front mats covered the dead pedal better than the weathertech's, we will see....
I'm patiently waiting for your review lol.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
They shipped today... :thumb: Would be awesome if I had them tomorrow. Not sure where they're coming from though. I'll know more once the tracking info from UPS is updated..
Nice.

UPS has excellent tracking, so you will know within minutes where they are.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
I can tell that some of the early respondents in this thread don't have small children who sit in car seats in third row. Forward-folding seats are a godsend when you have to get you and a child (or two) back there and strap them in.

·
Vendor
1,105 Posts
I can tell that some of the early respondents in this thread don't have small children who sit in car seats in third row. Forward-folding seats are a godsend when you have to get you and a child (or two) back there and strap them in.
Both my kids sit in the middle with car seats, and the times we did put them in the back, I just went between the seats. Just quicker IMO.

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Both my kids sit in the middle with car seats, and the times we did put them in the back, I just went between the seats. Just quicker IMO.
Remember that the 2011+ stow n go is much faster to use.

I'm 6'2" and I find it rather difficult to climb around the middle seats, avoid hitting my head on the controls in the ceiling and get into the back seat.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Remember that the 2011+ stow n go is much faster to use.

I'm 6'2" and I find it rather difficult to climb around the middle seats, avoid hitting my head on the controls in the ceiling and get into the back seat.

I agree. Maybe its a tall person thing? I'm 6'7" and for the heck of it tried climbing into the 3rd row going between the seats. I thought it was a huge PITA. Then I flipped the handle and let the second row fold up on one side, MUCH easier IMO, even for my tall a**. :thumb: Kids? Maybe not such an issue for them... Dont have em yet, so I dont know....

·
Super Moderator
6,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I agree. Maybe its a tall person thing? I'm 6'7" and for the heck of it tried climbing into the 3rd row going between the seats. I thought it was a huge PITA. Then I flipped the handle and let the second row fold up on one side, MUCH easier IMO, even for my tall a**. :thumb: Kids? Maybe not such an issue for them... Dont have em yet, so I dont know....
Wow, 6'7"!

I bet you have fun finding a comfortable vehicle!

21 - 40 of 109 Posts
About this Discussion
108 Replies
47 Participants
R3v $teve
The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums
ChryslerMinivan.net is the best forum for Chrysler Town and Country owners to discuss mileage, price, problems, towing and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing