The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Dodge GC SXT, 3.8L 2020 Dodge GC SXT Blacktop 3.6L 328 miles
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night after I had gone to bed, we had a circuit breaker trip (shorted light bulb). I got dressed and put my key in my pocket so I could lock the back door. I reset the breaker and came back in, forgetting to take the key out of my pocket. My wife washed the pants this morning. When she put them in the dryer she noticed a klunk. She brought me the key fob. I figured at the least I would have to take it apart and dry it. I decided to check it and it worked fine. I guess they seal those pretty good. I had never had it apart (unlike the ones for my 2008).

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
I guess Chrysler plastic isn't all bad. (y)

You might be giving the show and shine guys on here an idea thouigh. The job isn't complete until the key fob takes a dip. :)

• Haha
Reactions: UN4GTBL and Mtfix20

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will not knowingly try that again. My wife says at our age we have to keep reminding each other about things.

·
Super Moderator
30,185 Posts
So every time you come through the door the wife will ask you "where's your key fob?" :)

Stuff happens, mostly due to distraction, even when you're younger. You probably went up a one way street or two when you were younger. :) I did back in my university years. A policeman on horseback gave me a ticket. Haven't liked horses since. :)

Left my wallet in my work pants a few years back. Unusual as I never put a wallet in my work pants, keep them light as possible, no phone either. After finishing work, I went for a 10 minute drive to get gas. Filled up, walked into the gas station, no wallet. She was understanding and put my name in her "Book of Shame". she called it. That didn't make me feel any better. :)

I was much younger then, but thinking I was old. Ha, ha.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,477 Posts
Last night after I had gone to bed, we had a circuit breaker trip (shorted light bulb). I got dressed and put my key in my pocket so I could lock the back door. I reset the breaker and came back in, forgetting to take the key out of my pocket. My wife washed the pants this morning. When she put them in the dryer she noticed a klunk. She brought me the key fob. I figured at the least I would have to take it apart and dry it. I decided to check it and it worked fine. I guess they seal those pretty good. I had never had it apart (unlike the ones for my 2008).
Even if it works it could still have water (and detergent) inside. I would take it apart, and if it is wet inside, I'd clean it with isopropyl alcohol.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, thanks Georgef. I had considered that, but have not done it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took it apart and it was clean and dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts