The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
--UNKNOWN MEMBER--
13,833 Posts
Also, check out the headlight breathers or vents. 5 Gen have three on each headlight. All vent tubes must point down (my pictures are upside down).

Remove them and make sure all of them are clear, air must circulate to keep them clear. If one of them is missing may also be the cause of your problem.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is it always there? Or only when the headlights are on and you are driving in cool weather?

If it is there when the headlights are on and the weather is cool, it isn't something you should worry about. It is just caused by the difference in temperatures between the inside and the outside of the lens.

If always, then there could be a bad seal somewhere. Could be the lens, or the dust seals around the bulbs could be off. There are the 4 breathers as pointed out by LEVY on each headlight also, but they shouldn't ever become plugged IMO.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, check out the headlight breathers or vents. 5 Gen have three on each headlight. All vent tubes must point down (my pictures are upside down).

Remove them and make sure all of them are clear, air must circulate to keep them clear. If one of them is missing may also be the cause of your problem.
Why must they point down?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just noticed this in our 2012 as well last week. Yesterday I removed the headlight bulbs from the housing and then I stuck a blow dryer in front of the middle hole and let it run for about half an hour. I had the heat set too low and the fan set to high on the blow dryer. That got rid of all the condensation, we'll see if it returns.

·
Registered
377 Posts
In both hd lites on my '88 about 1/2' of water would collect in the bottom. I drilled drain holes in each one and had no more issues. In retrospect, resealing them would have been a better repair.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I washed our van today, and no moisture. I think it got in last time when I went to a touchless car wash, probably the high pressure found a way in somewhere. I'll check again next time I go through one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts