The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Water pump & Y

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sienile 
#1 ·
Hi all…
What are your thoughts on water pumps? I have a 2011 grand caravan express with 129,000 miles. I’m planning to replace all my hoses and coolant, and am considering replacing the water pump as I suspect it may be the source of a noise I’m hearing (a buddy of mine will swing by later this weekend for a second opinion)

Is this one of the moments where the Mopar part will be superior to everything else? Or is there a brand that stands out with regards to the water pump? I have seen some pretty underwhelming offbrand water pumps and certainly don’t want to go down that road.

With regards to the infamous,Y heater hose, Dorman 626-315HP is $70 on Amazon today…and RockAuto has SKP SK626315HP for 34.79 plus shipping. They both have metal Ys…is SKP reputable?

Thanks, as always, for your feedback!

#2 ·
Make sure you are applying the correct solution to the correct problem. Noise? Why do you suspect the water pump? useless work = time$$$ wasted +/- more work$$$.

I have a story about replacing a thermostat (for no reason- -just because ;) ) and breaking the engine block.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.