The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crawling around doing leaf springs, story in a different thread incorrectly titled we lost the battle against rust, I noticed this dent in chassis and its a rather odd location.
My mind is coming up with bad things that happened at the shop and I generally trust this place.
What in your guys opinion could would cause this?

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Gas Tints and shades

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
possible that road debris was flung up and hit it at a higher speed, or someone got really confused while trying to jack up the vehicle

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Misplaced 4-post lift pad?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The tailpipe and resonator hang below that area and I find it hard to think something that would bend the chassis like that wouldn’t leave a mark on anything else.
I can’t vouch for any previous owner as it would have been Plymouth or the dealership. We’ve owned it since it came off the lot.

I keep coming back to an improper use of a hoist.
I haven’t gone back through my inventory of pictures but I take quite a few during work and feel it’s recent. I hoisted it at Brothers changing the cat converter with no surprises and the shop is only other joint that has hoisted it recently.

And… shop owner said the new guy did the inspection.

Reactions: Road Ripper

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2016T&C. I could have included a shot with my face.
Now THAT would have been disturbing. Yea it looks rough but I like it still.

• Love
Reactions: 2016T&C LP

·
Registered
268 Posts
The leaf spring rusted almost in two on my 93 T&C. I didn't even see it until I was scrapping it. (It was right up at the eye, and it was still in the correct place, no pulling to one side, etc. If I recall correctly, I broke it the rest of the way with my bare hands.) The Rust Devil is an evil character. Really liked that vehicle, my favorite of all time, I think.

But on the dent, I would also suspect that it happened when the vehicle was on the lift. Possibly they positioned the lift point on the edge of the main frame, and it shifted. It would seem to me that just lifting there wouldn't do that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have to see another 1994 Voyager and see what it looks like. During today’s inspection, and it passed, I asked this shop about it and they immediately responded that is like that for the exhaust pipe.
Their confidence has me questioning my supposition.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
When the exhaust is in place, does that make sense?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It does seem to be right by the exhaust so it does but strange I never noticed it before.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts