The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2013 town and country. About a week ago I noticed a weird noise coming from behind the speedometer area. It almost sounds like it’s associated with thermostat but there is no rhyme or reason to when it sounds. I’m trying to capture a video to share. Any ideas what I might be dealing with?

·
Super Moderator
30,166 Posts
A mouse?

Rear heat? Losing any coolant? The Y shaped heater hose fittings can crack sending a coolant spray.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,319 Posts
Check your coolant. It may be low coolant bubbling inside the heater core. If it is, pray you haven't blown the heads.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,319 Posts
Why would this car blow head gaskets? What are they made of?
Steel. Overheat an aluminium engine with a steel head gasket and it's almost guaranteed to blow a head gasket.

·
Registered
538 RWHP, LS motor, RX7 body
583 Posts
Chevy motors use a double layer steel HG with aluminum blocks and heads. No one is blowing HG without severe forced induction. Is detonation in cylinder 2 or a weakness in HG design issue?

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
5,319 Posts
Chevys blow heads from overheating too. I've done more EcoWreck heads than any others. Not nearly as many LSs, but I've done a few of them too. And, FYI, it's a 3 layer MLS gasket for Chevy, Dodge, and just about every manufacturer.

Issue is aluminium starts to become pliable under pressure at 250 degrees. These engines have a normal temp range that goes up to 230. #2 is the last cylinder before the thermostat, so all the hottest heat gathers there.

Reactions: Cciman
1 - 8 of 8 Posts