·
I DON'T live in an Igloo!
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
307 Posts
Goodbye lifetime warranty if that happens
do not worry - your famous Obama said they would cover the warranty like they are covering your mortgage, you will be fine :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
goodbye lifetime warrany! hello waiting 3 months for a service appointment! i just had (i hope and pray) the last warranty work done to the van and hope i never have to step foot in another dealership again.

you guys can blame the unions and mis-management all you want. but the real truth is that the bankers (AKA federal reserve) run this country and they decided it's time for another nice deep depression by lowering interest rates to insanely low levels and giving out loans they knew people could not afford.

stop blaming everyone that works in this country and start blaming the monetary system instead. you lower interest rates to such levels and a bubble starts. these bankers new that bubbles start when money is cheap. all of a sudden your neighbor is a big time "home developer" and the gonzales family that recently "immigrated" from mexico just purchased a $350k house! oh, and of course, throw in the $150 barrel of oil into the equation and here we are, blaming the working class calling them stupid and greedy for not doing their homework. i mean these loans were offered like high class call girls that threw themselves at you for pennys on the dollar. you cannot fully blame the public for lusting after such offers. it's common sense. if everyone was so smart the world would never face any issues.

in the end the favored banks acquire failed banks and become even bigger with more of a monopoly. the only time this country was in control of it's own self was when president lincoln decided to throw out the bankers and print greenbacks and thomas jefferson refusing to allow the bankers back in business...oh yeah, both these presidents had assasinations attempted on their life, one being fatal.

the privately owned federal reserve has the power to print money and loans it to the government with interest when the government is directed under the constitution to print it's own money instead. you folks need to wake up and act with your votes to cleanse this corrupt system that has been in place since 1913 and stop blaming the everyday folks that pursue the good life!

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
goodbye lifetime warrany! hello waiting 3 months for a service appointment! i just had (i hope and pray) the last warranty work done to the van and hope i never have to step foot in another dealership again.

you guys can blame the unions and mis-management all you want. but the real truth is that the bankers (AKA federal reserve) run this country and they decided it's time for another nice deep depression by lowering interest rates to insanely low levels and giving out loans they knew people could not afford.

stop blaming everyone that works in this country and start blaming the monetary system instead. you lower interest rates to such levels and a bubble starts. these bankers new that bubbles start when money is cheap. all of a sudden your neighbor is a big time "home developer" and the gonzales family that recently "immigrated" from mexico just purchased a $350k house! oh, and of course, throw in the $150 barrel of oil into the equation and here we are, blaming the working class calling them stupid and greedy for not doing their homework. i mean these bankers threw loans at you like they were high class call girls expecting you to take the bait.

in the end the favored banks acquire failed banks and become even bigger with more of a monopoly. the only time this country was in control of it's own self was when president lincoln decided to throw out the bankers and print greenbacks and thomas jefferson refusing to allow the bankers back in business...oh yeah, both these presidents had assasinations attempted on their life, one being fatal.

the privately owned federal reserve has the power to print money and loans it to the government with interest when the government is directed under the constitution to print it's own money instead.
Wait a minute !! CONGRESS forced the banking industry to loan money to people that couldn't repay the loans. Just like they're now forcing money on companies that can't stay afloat. :lalala:

you folks need to wake up and act with your votes to cleanse this corrupt system that has been in place since 1913 and stop blaming the everyday folks that pursue the good life!
YUP, and next year is VOTING TIME.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:cheerlead
:thewave:
:djsmilie:

·
Registered
212 Posts
that is just another excuse to blame the crisis on. there are alot of fingers to point but the reality is that all those excuses are smoke screens. the real root and real cause of the problem lies within the international bankers (aka federal reserve) who control the money supply.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-515319560256183936

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AlD6U7O1pE

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6507136891691870450

·
Registered
148 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about how the bankruptcy affects our ownership and service of our vans, rather than make the thread about our own personal political views? I know that's hard to do, but politics and religion are two topics to avoid at the dinner table, right?

·
1000 Post Club Member
1,985 Posts
Hopefully the court will stick it to those hedge funds players.They didnt want to lose a dime,just wait til they get NOTHING! That would be too funny.Maybe give them a $500 certificate towards a new FIAT of their choice.....

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In my situation, there is only 1 Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep dealer up here. If they close down, I am seriously screwed. Well, for another 12 months until my lease is up anyway.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Well, it definitely gives me pause in purchasing a new T&C. I want to take a wait
and see approach. Of course, I dont know why I am concerned...Obama will guarantee the lifetime powertrain warranty. :laugh:
Like I said, I am now spooked...will wait and see. It DID cross my mind to go in and offer
them $10k below the employee pricing. That's the only way I would buy right now. :biglaugha

·
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting letter I rec'd today...FWIW

Dear Mr. Gumby:

I am very pleased to announce that Chrysler LLC has signed an agreement in principle to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat to create a vibrant new car company.

For the past several months, we have worked tirelessly to reach agreement with key stakeholders on concessions that would allow Chrysler to complete this alliance with Fiat and proceed with its plans without the need for a bankruptcy proceeding. Despite substantial progress on many fronts, the support of the U.S. and Canadian governments, and agreements with most parties, including our unions, dealers and suppliers, it was not possible to obtain the necessary concessions from all of our lenders. As a result, to facilitate this alliance with Fiat and to create a new company, Chrysler filed voluntary petitions for a structured bankruptcy under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.

Here's what is meant by a "structured" bankruptcy: With this filing, we will also submit a motion under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code, requesting the swift approval by the Court of the agreement with Fiat and the sale of Chrysler's principal assets to a new company. With the approval of the Court, a new stronger Chrysler will be out of bankruptcy in 30 to 60 days.

To clarify our position here in Canada, Chrysler Canada has not filed for bankruptcy protection and is not part of any bankruptcy filing. Rest assured that there will not be a moment's interruption in our work to meet the needs of all our customers. The company will seamlessly honor all warranty claims and service contracts. Chrysler will continue to produce and support quality vehicles over the long term, under the Chrysler Jeep® and Dodge brands and parts under the Mopar brand.

Some may be wondering if purchasing a Chrysler vehicle now is a wise investment. Beginning today, Chrysler can look forward to its future with great optimism. In most cases your local Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealer has vehicles to sell that are well priced and with attractive customer incentives. Your local dealer would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about today's products, which have the highest quality rankings of any in our history.

We are profoundly grateful for the support of the millions of owners of Chrysler vehicles. We take enormous pride in the contributions we have made to our industry, are honored by the trust you have placed with us for over 80 years, and look forward to continuing to serve you for many years to come.

Again, I thank you for your support and look forward to serving you with outstanding products and service from a strong new Chrysler.

Sincerely,

Bob Nardelli
Chairman and CEO
Chrysler LLC

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
Can't wait to see what kind of engines this "vibrant new company" is going to be using. I'm a big fan of Mopar engines so I hate to see some of them go. Hopefully the new Phoenix line of engines due next year (I think) will be up to par economy wise. I'd rather not have a Fiat engine should I choose to purchase a new Chrysler....that's just me though.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
They should have done the Bankrupcy instead of taking ANY Government money.
Basically our tax money was wee-ed away in one fell swoop with the US Government promising to give them more.
This is absolutely nuts!

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Wouldn't it be nice if we could talk about how the bankruptcy affects our ownership and service of our vans, rather than make the thread about our own personal political views? I know that's hard to do, but politics and religion are two topics to avoid at the dinner table, right?
This isn't the dinner table; it's The Fireplace. I think Chrysler's bankruptcy is an excellent opportunity to discuss the reasons why Chrysler -- indeed, the whole economy -- is in this mess. I for one generally agree with ARGH, with the caveat that I don't know if the depressions/recessions are planned so much as they are inevitable when you have a monetary policy that permits the markets and consumers to confuse the appearance of wealth (printed money made by a fractional reserve system) with real wealth (real savings by individuals).

I think that Chrysler wouldn't be in this situation at all with an ethical monetary policy, one consistent with the notion that personal liberty and private property are virtues to be upheld by the rule of law. One of two things would have happened already. Either they would have been liquidated in the mid-80's when a dearth of products undid them, or their general inattentiveness to market conditions would be routinely drummed out of them by a more responsive market, one that would have stopped them from producing the junk that got them into trouble more than once in their history -- including now. In fact, poor monetary policy does not put at risk the continued existence of all companies, though it harms them all. It only puts at risk the continued existence of companies whose leaders make decisions about products and production scales while completely disregarding the predictable and predicted effects of such policies. Given that this is the *second* time that the gubmint has not permitted Chrysler to die, I suggest that this company has an institutional tendency to keep leaders who repeat the mistakes of their forebears. Can it be disputed based on the evidence?

Does all this affect you as an owner? Obviously. Parts may be more difficult and expensive to get, and if you have a warranty, you may find service difficult to obtain. But that's not how this really affects you as a minivan owner. The sad thing is how it *won't* impact most minivan owners, who will not read and research to understand why the company that made their vehicle is in these straits. They *won't* emerge from this unpleasantness with any more knowledge or wisdom than they had before it started. They will continue to save too little, and to borrow from a fractional reserve system that gives the appearance of wealth where none exists -- "easy money". They won't teach the children they ferry in their minivans the principles of liberty and the rule of law, and how private ownership is a cornerstone of our prosperity, and how sound personal, corporate, and national fiscal policy makes you strong. And after they have all again borrowed too much, then it will happen all over and somebody on an internet forum will complain that discussion of these reasons -- which are not really political -- is just political speech that they don't like.

Perhaps a little more courage at the dinner table would result in a wiser, more courageous populace who buys minivans less on credit and more on real savings. And then perhaps a little more courage at the dinner table would result in stronger auto companies like Chrysler. Perhaps.

·
Man. Mopar. Minivan.
3,895 Posts
Perhaps a little more courage at the dinner table would result in a wiser, more courageous populace who buys minivans less on credit and more on real savings.
:ThumbsUp: THANK YOU :ThumbsUp:

·
youtube.com/sideburns2009
2,926 Posts
:ThumbsUp: THANK YOU :ThumbsUp:
x2. My grandmother paid 23,000 cash for her 02 impala. I'm sure it takes awhile to save up the money (well maybe not when you're retired and such) but it was a very wise move. No monthly payments or loans to worry about which can always be a headache.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
They should have done the Bankrupcy instead of taking ANY Government money.
I've read that some major banks are trying to figure out how to give their federal bailout money BACK!

The trap was sprung...

Go Ford.

·
Premium Member
1,079 Posts
Speaking of Ford, they outsold the mighty Toyota last month and sold more than 18,000 Fusions. I think my Ford stock is back in positive territory but I'll have to check. I'm holding it anyway, regardless of whether it goes up or down.

·
Premium Member
4,203 Posts
I've read that some major banks are trying to figure out how to give their federal bailout money BACK!

The trap was sprung...

Go Ford.

There are banks trying to give the money back.
Solvent banks were all but forced to take the money so that the insolvent banks didn't look so bad.
TCF Banks is one of them trying to give the money back. I believe US Bank is trying to give the money back too.
The Government as I understand it is not allowing them to give it back because they don't want to lose the control over the banks. They want to limit CEO pay and threaten to remove those running the banks.
Heaven forbid we let private business operate as they see fit within the normal regulations!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts