The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Chrysler T&C Touring L 37,300 miles (Brilliant Black w/Black Leather)
15 Posts
What's your mileage reading?
37,300 Miles - 1064 Engine hours - 35.056 avg speed
2015 Chrysler T&C Touring L Brilliant Black w/black interior purchased new Oct 2015
Just replaced the tires with Michelin Tour X A/S H speed rated which I bought from Sams Club. Still using the original Mopar battery. No mechanical Issues

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,401 Posts
Reactions: Jeepman

·
Administrator
2,401 Posts
doesn't appear that way, no wear on pedals or carpet.
just changed original serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley.
What does any of that have to do with average speed?

·
Super Moderator
29,385 Posts
doesn't appear that way, no wear on pedals or carpet.
just changed original serpentine belt, tensioner and idler pulley.
Van was used a lot for travel so the math doesn't really add up even though it is accurate on paper.
Idle time is a downer. 35.5 isn't that bad. Mine is around 39 with a fair amount of highway/secondary road/very little City driving. Were you expecting 60?

·
Registered
2011 DGC SE, 2015 DGC SXT
86 Posts
I’m actually a little curious what my hours are, but I haven’t found that readout on either of mine (the 2011 is an express with a limited readout, while the 2015 is an set with the nicer readout)

·
Registered
2011 DGC SE, 2015 DGC SXT
86 Posts
I’m actually a little curious what my hours are, but I haven’t found that readout on either of mine (the 2011 is an express with a limited readout, while the 2015 is an set with the nicer readout)
Actually I just found it on the 2015 .. 74214 miles, 3834 hours…so less than 20mph average speed?
Is there a way to have engine hours displayed on the simpler cluster, perhaps using Appcar?

·
Read Only
38 Posts
What does any of that have to do with average speed?
would you average 35mph on the highway in a brick on wheels?
My van did not see much stop and go driving in cities.
why would it average the speed at 35 when the van was probably averaging 65+ on the highway.
I suck at math but even I know that you are roadkill if you travel 35mph on road trips.

·
Administrator
2,401 Posts
would you average 35mph on the highway in a brick on wheels?
My van did not see much stop and go driving in cities.
why would it average the speed at 35 when the van was probably averaging 65+ on the highway.
I suck at math but even I know that you are roadkill if you travel 35mph on road trips.
The key word is average. If you warm your van up for 10 minutes then drive at 60mph for 10 minutes your average speed is 30mph.

Engine hours include the time the engine is idling, and time crawling along in traffic, not just when you are driving at highway speed, that low/zero speed time adds up. If the numbers you provided are accurate, the average speed I gave you is correct. It is also in line with what other owners are reporting in this thread.

·
Registered
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid Limited
45 Posts
Right, but how did he do this with no evic?
I turned key to 'On' position, scrolled through odometer button until on full mileage, and held down for 10 seconds or so. Saw this on another Mopar forum. Unfortunately, I don't think it's engine hours...five months later it's still reading 6553.5. Still looking for a way to get to engine hours on my '08.

·
Read Only
38 Posts
The key word is average. If you warm your van up for 10 minutes then drive at 60mph for 10 minutes your average speed is 30mph.

Engine hours include the time the engine is idling, and time crawling along in traffic, not just when you are driving at highway speed, that low/zero speed time adds up. If the numbers you provided are accurate, the average speed I gave you is correct. It is also in line with what other owners are reporting in this thread.
That makes sense to me.
You'll have to excuse my ignorance at times, my head literally has trouble wrapping around stuff like this.
I am sitting here thinking, what kind of idiot does 35mph on the highway going on trips.

·
Registered
2016 Town & Country
4 Posts
2016 T/C
134,182 miles 3097 hours, 43.3 mph avg.

We bought this van used exactly 4 years ago (4/1/2018) with 42,000 miles on it and 1000 engine hours. It has been all over the U.S.

Very happy although the transmissions seems to be acting up these days. (normal from what I´ve gleaned from the forums).

Our last van was a 2003 T&C. We gave it to a friend at 275,000 miles, and it finally had it's last cough at 293,000 miles.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have 49,898 miles on my 2013 T/C, with 2021 engine hours.

·
Super Moderator
29,385 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
You are averaging about 25 mph. Lots of idling? short trips?

I'm averaging about 38.5 mph.
Here in Arizona it can get pretty hot and I use my remote button to start it up and cool it down before going out.

·
Super Moderator
29,385 Posts
Oil and filter change yesterday (August 3, 2022):

9946 km/6200 miles, 161 engine hours on the oil and filter. 62 km/39 miles average per engine hour
Total = 160,921 km/99992 miles, 2639 engine hours for 61/38 overall average.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts