The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The kids ripped off the handle during the winter when the sliding door tends to get stuck when it’s freezing outside.

can someone please tell me what is the part # for the driver side sliding door handle.

Also, any tips for preventing this from happening again in the winter? Can I spray something on my tracks or somewhere to prevent it from getting stuck when it’s cold?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
312 Posts
The OEM part numbers for the sliding door handles are:
  • 4894966AC for the textured black part, used on base SE "Canada Value Package" and cargo vans (replacement: Dorman 81380)
  • 1AD96DX8AB for the smooth paintable part (replacement: Dorman 81382)
Both sides use the same sliding door handle.

The sliding doors become frozen in the winter due to water getting in between the door seals/weather stripping and freezing. Applying silicone spray to the door seals as shown in the video below (it's not a van, but the procedure is the exact same) will mitigate this issue:

In my experience, it'll need to be reapplied every now and again throughout the winter to remain effective.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The OEM part numbers for the sliding door handles are:
  • 4894966AC for the textured black part, used on base SE "Canada Value Package" and cargo vans (replacement: Dorman 81380)
  • 1AD96DX8AB for the smooth paintable part (replacement: Dorman 81382)
Both sides use the same sliding door handle.

The sliding doors become frozen in the winter due to water getting in between the door seals/weather stripping and freezing. Applying silicone spray to the door seals as shown in the video below (it's not a van, but the procedure is the exact same) will mitigate this issue:

In my experience, it'll need to be reapplied every now and again throughout the winter to remain effective.
Thank you for the feedback on both inquiries, I’ll definitely try to apply the spray to prevent my next handle from breaking.

min terms of the part # I had also found the following partslink ch1513104

it seems to be the same part as the one you mentioned above with those two different numbers for the textured black but it’s available even cheaper.

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
312 Posts
Thank you for the feedback on both inquiries, I’ll definitely try to apply the spray to prevent my next handle from breaking.

min terms of the part # I had also found the following partslink ch1513104

it seems to be the same part as the one you mentioned above with those two different numbers for the textured black but it’s available even cheaper.
Looks like a RockAuto "VARIOUS MFR" part number. You'd also have to account for shipping from the U.S. with them, but RockAuto is a good deal if you're ordering other parts at the same time as you're probably aware.

If there are self-serve junkyards (u-pull, pick-and-pull, etc.) in your area, the cheapest way would be to get a used one off of a van there. You might even find one that's the same color and then not have to paint it.

·
Administrator
2009 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT (3.8); 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan eL (3.8)
2,359 Posts
...I’ll definitely try to apply the spray to prevent my next handle from breaking...
Another thing you can do to prevent breaking the handle is to open the front door and grasp the front edge of the sliding door and pull on the door while holding the handle open (do no tug on the handle).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts