The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mr. Chrysler does NOT love you... he wants you to buy another rust-prone van from him 😕 what if all of us are able to do that kind of job ourselves?
Mr Chrysler can pull a serial number and if you come to me you can see my straw in front as you squirt. Hahaha😁

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #283
I love the car! I won't replace it! Many of my friends have a new car and can't last 3 years without a serious mistake. Where's the car manufacturing going?
Down with quality of the car itself and up with the electronic toys and of course the price! But... they look much better, right? :unsure:
But that trend is going for almost everything since we became a global village... thank the 'smart' politicians who came with the genial idea...

·
3rd gen > all others
2,617 Posts
Darn, no wiring in the hatch for the second interior light? I was hoping it would be there. The light is the exact same side-to-side, so only money saved on quantity of lights. The omission of wiring might have saved more money though. Think a couple of bucks times the thousands of vans they produced, and it DID save a lot of money. Good thing I have a 2001 parts van to "steal back" my cost-cutting measures from. :)

Yesterday I thoroughly cleaned the Explorer wheels that I bought for my van. They look much nicer now! I need to find a full-size spare wheel before I can use them though (AWD requisite).

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #286
Think a couple of bucks times the thousands of vans they produced, and it DID save a lot of money. Good thing I have a 2001 parts van to "steal back" my cost-cutting measures from. :)
I think you meant did steal a lot of money... removing parts and not taking their price off is stealing or cheating if I want to be more gentle! They could save some money from paying less labour... and I am sure they even raised the price to increase their revenue...

·
3rd gen > all others
2,617 Posts
^^True that.

·
Super Moderator
23,277 Posts

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Since when did rubberized undercoating, especially over rust, and in a salt environment, ever work? Blister, blister, blister
It covers up "rust in action". The stay soft product that "creeps" continuously, especially in the warm weather, works best to get in the nooks and crannies.
Exactly my thoughts... but they forgot to mention that it works for brand new/not rusted cars ONLY! ;) We have to admit that it looks great... until it does not :(

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Automobile Protection Association | Services - Rustproofing
I can bet that Krown paid big money to these guys :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was not very happy with them... and again, it works for new/unrusted cars only... they never mentioned this in the article...

·
Registered
49 Posts
281 - 300 of 452 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.