The Chrysler Minivan Fan Club Forums banner

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
3rd gen > all others
2,287 Posts
I got rid of the parts van today! Took a while to find the title, but wife found it and I helped a guy load it onto his car trailer. Gave it away for free because scrap prices are so low, and the van was just a shell so I figured the guy picking it up deserved all the money for getting it. He has other scrap metal to fill it with before bringing it in. I used the ol' jam the 2x4 between the brake pedal and steering wheel trick to keep it in place (it also got chained down). He wanted the catalytic converter, but I'm not giving it up because it was still working and my van might need one someday. The guy who was going to pick it up before him flaked out because I'm keeping the converter. He made me wait for almost 2 weeks (he was out of town, then weather got wet) before finding out he wanted the converter! What a waste of time. Glad to have that eyesore out of my driveway.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Finally figured out how to stream (bluetooth) an audiobook from my android phone using the Libby app, to the factory head unit. Works well, and will be a bonus/alternative to the FM stations I normally listen to. I get audio books (free downloads) from the local library or the associated Ontario Library Service. This is great for long road trips, and the selection of downloads is impressive. I prefer fiction with subject matter being mystery/detective (John Sanford is a favorite with his Lucas Davenport lead character). The only gripe I have, is that I have to crank up the volume when I'm using bluetooth for this, and when I switch back to FM, I get shocked with the high volume before I dial it back down.

·
Super Moderator
6,215 Posts
Finally figured out how to stream (bluetooth) an audiobook from my android phone using the Libby app, to the factory head unit. Works well, and will be a bonus/alternative to the FM stations I normally listen to. I get audio books (free downloads) from the local library or the associated Ontario Library Service. This is great for long road trips, and the selection of downloads is impressive. I prefer fiction with subject matter being mystery/detective (John Sanford is a favorite with his Lucas Davenport lead character). The only gripe I have, is that I have to crank up the volume when I'm using bluetooth for this, and when I switch back to FM, I get shocked with the high volume before I dial it back down.
Are you able to increase the volume on your phone to help with the volume differential?

I do remember a similar issue with ours actually.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Winter Tires are on :) Are you ready for another winter?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Replaced the driver side rear power latch assembly just in time to finally be rid of the nuisance clicking and door sticking for soon to be winter storage. Atleast the 4 year old is happy he can close the door again without me hovering over him to pull the handle to release the latch when he pushes the button. The bonus, along with the assembly also came harnesses, door module, all 3 cables, interior door release, and a motor! Gotta love spares!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #408
Cleared a P0456 code on the van last night.

This brings back memories of my Caliber lol
I keep getting it for the last few weeks... are you going to do anything about it?

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #410
I'll clear it again.

If it keeps coming back, I'll get a new gas cap and try that, as ours doesn't feel "tight"
It happened to me 10 years ago and replacing the gas cap didn't solve the problem.
In the end, my original mechanic discovered and replaced the rubber hose connection (it was cracked) from PURGE SOLENOID to Service Center (vacuum system).
It never came back until now! It is located on the left side of the engine along with the air filter box.

·
Super Moderator
22,056 Posts
It happened to me 10 years ago and replacing the gas cap didn't solve the problem.
In the end, my original mechanic discovered and replaced the rubber hose connection (it was cracked) from PURGE SOLENOID to Service Center (vacuum system).
It never came back until now! It is located on the left side of the engine along with the air filter box.
Are you getting a P1684 code too. If so, it's a Autumn glitch.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
Are you getting a P1684 code too. If so, it's a Autumn glitch.
Of course, I do because I keep disconnecting my battery to clear it out... after 10 days or so it's coming back...

·
3rd gen > all others
2,287 Posts
I got out of work early today (ran out of work) so I decided to go to the junkyard. I only had 1 1/2 hours to look around, but I knew they had gotten in a Ford Explorer yesterday that possibly had specific wheels on it that I need, to fit onto my 4th gen van without spacers. I got to the corner of the yard where the Explorer was, and it had the correct wheels on it along with halfway useable tires! They are the 1992 15" wheels with 5 spokes, twisted star pattern. I bought 3 of them (already have a 4th wheel to match) with the best tread. I'm going to run them on my 2004 AWD this winter instead of my 16" Blizzaks that are over half worn down.

I discovered a blue 2002 T&C Limited, and it is AWD! Unfortunately the driveshaft is already gone, which is what I need for my van (it vibrates between 20-45mph). I may have to pilfer some specific parts from it if I get the time and money in a month.

I replaced my heater blower fan/motor last Sunday. What a job. Even though I broke the recirc door drive peg off the bottom, it still blows hot air and roasts my feet! TYC motor from Amazon Prime for $40, half of what local stores wanted for it. I'm happy. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,056 Posts
Of course, I do because I keep disconnecting my battery to clear it out... after 10 days or so it's coming back...
What about the first time it happens in a long time? Do you get the P1684 code then, i.e. before you clear the code? Maybe you didn't notice.

Cracked flange on the fuel pump assembly, maybe. Easy test is to fill your tank up and park on an uphill to see if it is leaking fuel out the back.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #415
What about the first time it happens in a long time? Do you get the P1684 code then, i.e. before you clear the code? Maybe you didn't notice.

Cracked flange on the fuel pump assembly, maybe. Easy test is to fill your tank up and park on an uphill to see if it is leaking fuel out the back.
The first time it happened after 10 years was just a few weeks after I replaced the battery and P1684 was there...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Are you able to increase the volume on your phone to help with the volume differential?

I do remember a similar issue with ours actually.
I thought I tried that right off the start, but in the last two days, it seemed to work. I'm guessing that there's a time lag when I use the phone's volume controls to when it affects the volume on the head unit - leading me to think that it didn't work the first time. But it's working now - thanks for that lead.

401 - 417 of 417 Posts